Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

how much

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

how much money does the tooth fairy leave for your kids? this is my first time! my son lost his tooth this morning before school and is SOOOO excited about the tooth fairy. i'm thinking since he's 5 maybe a handful of quarters-always fun to find lots, right?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Strega
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM

It's always been $5 for the first Tooth, $2 each after that for our Kids.

They used to love Coins, but have since discovered their love for Paper!

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Our toothfairy always leaves a dollar, no matter which tooth it is.  When the boys were smaller it would be 4 quarters because that was so much more appealing to them, but now paper money is fine.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 2, 2012 at 10:23 PM

First was $5, and the rest were a dollar.

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:24 PM
depends on what we have around... but we always do something in even numbers, and use it as a teaching moment to save some too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeLynn7
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Same as Strega...$5 the first time & $2 all the others

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 2, 2012 at 10:33 PM
$5 for the first, $1 for each one after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I am going to do 50 cents per tooth 1 dollar for first tooth.  I know that i am probably not in the norm.

lauraand3kids
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Honestly, I leave about $5 for the first tooth and then a few dollars for the rest.

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Our tooth fairy went all out for the first one ds lost. He got a small package with a few little things in it...new toothbrush & toothpaste, I think some GoGos, and a car or something. The box was decorated all glittery. Under his pillow was an envelope with a letter from the tooth fairy, thanking him for taking such good care of his teeth, and a $20 bill. (all I had were 20's that night). There was "fairy dust" outside in the front garden, too.

For his second tooth, I had to scrape up money because I didn't have much cash on me at the time. He got a $2 bill (the drive-in gives them as change and I remembered it was in a cupboard) and 8 quarters.

imafuswb
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:41 AM
We don't do money, we do little gifts. The cost of the gift doesn't matter as much as whether or not it will be enjoyable in the here and now. Sometimes it's worth $1, sometimes much more. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)