Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helping out in son class

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
On Thursday I will be helping out in my sons first grade class room I will be reading to the class it its the first time I have helped out in the class room so I was woundering how u think I should dress
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Comfortably.  Jeans and a nice top maybe?

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Agreed, comfort is key.  Try to follow the school's dress code is always a good rule of thumb.  No short shorts, low cut tops, or anything like that.  Not that I think that you'd dress that way.

lauraand3kids
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Very comfortable like the girls say. When I interned for 2nd graders, I always wore pants or capris, no shorts unless they were Burmudas, and a nice top or sweater depending on the weather.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I dressed casual but covered when I went to volunteer at the school. A cute blouse and nice bluejeans, not too snug, no muffin top hanging out, no rips, etc. aka office casual, would be fine.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I volunteer in my son's class all the time. I usually wear jeans or capris. For a top, I'll wear anything from a polo to a nicer top, or even a tshirt. As long as it's clean, you are comfortable, and it meets dress code. (ex: I won't wear sleeveless shirts or dresses because the kids can't...even though teachers do sometimes)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)