Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

not sure how to handle this

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM
  • 2 Replies
My DD will be 6 on the 20th of this month and she is in kindergarten and never had a problem up until today she came home from school real upset and I was talking to her about what had happened she told me she slapped a boy in her class I asked why she did and she said he was making fun of her and calling her names she said she told the. teacher and the teacher did nothing I want my DD to be able to stand up for herself but I also don't want her fighting everyone I'm not sure if I should punish her or what to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kmjmlj
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM
I wouldn't just explain things to her and ask the teacher why she didn't do anything about it a little boy cut my daughters hair teacher did nothing so my daughter the next day put glue in his hair said I got you back teacher took recess from her but not the boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathercm26
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Your daughter needs to learn to problem solve, LATER. She tried to resolve this by. Telling the teacher. I would go right up there and read the teacher the riot act right in front of your dd. Your dd will know then that "mommy will protect me from bullys so i dont have to hit". Tell your dd she did the right thing by telling the teacher and if it doesnt work next time she can tell you. She is to little to have to deal with this effectively on her own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN