Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Her DD bite my son...guess who she screamed at?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM
  • 221 Replies
1 mom liked this

There is a mom at my son's school who must have blinders on. Her daughter has bite my son (both in the 1st grade) at least twice now, she has also bite another child....the moms responce is that our kids must of done something to her daughter cause her daughter is not a biter!

She HATES it when anyone tells her something her child did, to the point where she told my son (after he went to her with a bleeding scratch that her daughter inflicted) that no one would play with a tattle tale and thats why he had no friends.

I already requested that she and my son not be in the same class (they are not this year) but I just get frustrated my son asks me why miss so and so hates him...breaks my heart. She is so blond...never heard her yell at her children just everyone elses...

I dont talk to her, and she barely acknowleds me except to tell me when my son misbehaved...any advice?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Not sure what to say. The first week of kindergarten a boy hit my dd. so she bit him. Sounds Like the mom needs to realize her dd isn't perfect and may be. A bully. Talk to the teacher thus year Abd next. And explain what has gone on. So maybe they can help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:33 AM
16 moms liked this
She is in the 1st grade, and still bites? Wow sounds like preschool behavior, heck my ds has had 2 years of preschool and has never bitten nor. has he been bit. That lady needs a reality check. Wish I had advice other than maybe bringing it to the principals attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommynac
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:55 AM
14 moms liked this

I agree that you need to speak to the teacher. i know what I would do--I would confront the mom and tell her to back off and come to you if she wants to talk about it. She has no business speaking to your DS like that. He's just a baby. Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... 

Siannashell
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM
12 moms liked this
If my child was still biting in 1st grade ( although she was never a bitter) i would whip her butt. Biting is so not ok in this house. I don't care what the other kid did, you don't bite.
Of course this isn't advice for you but but some one needs an eye opener. That ladie needs to be kicked in the butt.
All I could say is to reassure your child he has done NOTHING to deserve being bite or that he hasn't don't anything wrong. As for the mother dosent sound like ant ones going to get it trew her head that all kids have there moments. Even hers!
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM
50 moms liked this

Some parents just refuse to believe that their "precious angel" could ever do anything wrong.  smh

My son had a few instances of hitting when he was in Kindy.  What the other kid may or may not have done was so not the point.  We taught him that hitting (just like biting) is never an acceptable response.  Luckily we were able to nip it in the bud and it's no longer a problem (you know, because we actually acknowledged that our own child was in the wrong and we dealt with it).

I don't know that I have any good advice for you.  Maybe next time she says something to you, bite her.  When she asks wtf you are doing, just tell her you didn't like what she had to say and so you thought biting was an acceptable response.  Give her a taste of her own medicine.

Siannashell
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:48 PM
15 moms liked this
Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Some parents just refuse to believe that their "precious angel" could ever do anything wrong.  smh

My son had a few instances of hitting when he was in Kindy.  What the other kid may or may not have done was so not the point.  We taught him that hitting (just like biting) is never an acceptable response.  Luckily we were able to nip it in the bud and it's no longer a problem (you know, because we actually acknowledged that our own child was in the wrong and we dealt with it).

I don't know that I have any good advice for you.  Maybe next time she says something to you, bite her.  When she asks wtf you are doing, just tell her you didn't like what she had to say and so you thought biting was an acceptable response.  Give her a taste of her own medicine.

You justbmade my whole day. I think that's a great idea. Now only to get away with it lol. Your funny
DixieL
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM
4 moms liked this

Just do what you said Make sure they are in different classes and ignore her. If she does it again anyway tell your son to bite her back. Not hard but just enough for her to know how it feels

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Is the teacher aware of the biting? Is the school disciplining the child for it?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
A 1st grader is NOT a baby!...see other post! LoL

I would definitely talk to the teacher and school. Make them keep the kids apart.

I would totally go all MOMMA BEAR on this Mom. She needs to get it in her kid that her spawn isn't a precious snowflake.

Quoting mommynac:

I agree that you need to speak to the teacher. i know what I would do--I would confront the mom and tell her to back off and come to you if she wants to talk about it. She has no business speaking to your DS like that. He's just a baby. Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

What breaks my heart the most is my 7 (just turned 7) thinks that this parent hates him...also he is normally a happy child..but now he perfers to play alone because then he cant get into trouble.

He seems to be the scape goat and pisses me off...I just dont know what to do. I am younger then all of them, and they use that against me...I call them the preppy moms...not to their faces of course.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)