Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her DD bite my son...guess who she screamed at?

There is a mom at my son's school who must have blinders on. Her daughter has bite my son (both in the 1st grade) at least twice now, she has also bite another child....the moms responce is that our kids must of done something to her daughter cause her daughter is not a biter!

She HATES it when anyone tells her something her child did, to the point where she told my son (after he went to her with a bleeding scratch that her daughter inflicted) that no one would play with a tattle tale and thats why he had no friends.

I already requested that she and my son not be in the same class (they are not this year) but I just get frustrated my son asks me why miss so and so hates him...breaks my heart. She is so blond...never heard her yell at her children just everyone elses...

I dont talk to her, and she barely acknowleds me except to tell me when my son misbehaved...any advice?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
ivy801
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:12 AM
  • Punch her lights out, okay okay we know that's not the best method but she's asking tohave her face smashed in, how dare she tell your son he's a tattle tale and has no friends! What an outrage! I want to unch her right on her know it all face.
PinkParadox
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Most school have a strict policy about adults speaking to children that aren't theirs.  Talk to the teacher and principal about how she speaks to other children.

SpiritedDragon
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Personally I would probably be a smart butt to her.  She told your son that no one like a tattle tale, but she does it all the time. lol!  Sorry, I never had any issues like this with my boys.  

Refurbished
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

What breaks my heart the most is my 7 (just turned 7) thinks that this parent hates him...also he is normally a happy child..but now he perfers to play alone because then he cant get into trouble.

He seems to be the scape goat and pisses me off...I just dont know what to do. I am younger then all of them, and they use that against me...I call them the preppy moms...not to their faces of course.

A lot of people cannot handle being wrong.  It's sort of an assault to their ego, and they have to find someone else to blame in order to keep their self esteem intact and maintain the perfect image they are trying to portray.

No matter what you do in life, there will always be people who do not like you.  A popular president will usually have no more than a 60% approval rating.  Even Oprah, when she was at the height of her popularity, had about an 80% approval rating.  This is what I tell my kids:  Be fair, treat people with respect, and listen when people are upset.  If you've done something wrong, apologize.  And if, after all of that, they still don't like you, they are the ones with a problem not you.

Nothing makes me more angry than the whole "tattle tale" thing.  If someone is harming you, you have a right to tell people about it and seek help. 

Have you tried talking to his teacher about this? 

Javamama619
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I would talk to the teachers and if that doesn't work then go to the principle.... bring up that you will take this issue to the top of the chain if they don't resolve it.....

bleumonster
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM
I really feel for that little girl. Not only is she not learning that biting isnt acceptable but she is learning that its always someone else's fault. Well the mom is going to have it come back on her soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Go to the school TODAY, walk into the principals office and lay down the law.  You are playing the victim just as much as your son.  Go in and get business done.

Your son is being bullied by another student AND her mother.

alphamom26
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't be speaking to the b*tch, ever. I'd go straight to the school officials, document with photos, get witnesses if possible, and get the school to handle this woman. No one has any right to yell at your child, make him feel worthless, and hurt him in any way, physically or mentally. If the school doesn't take care of this problem immediately, I would contact a lawyer and see what my rights were and what kind of lawsuit I could get against the school for failure to act. A nice letter on a lawyer's stationary should get things going pretty quickly if nothing else does.

For the record, I'm not a sue-happy nutcase who tries to collect money in frivolous lawsuits, I just know firsthand that as soon as a letter gets to the school from a lawyer, its like their asses caught on fire, they can't move fast enough!

It is possible to get an order of protection for your son from this woman, (as in she can't go within 500 feet of him), and the school would be responsible if she did. Trust me, the school will do whatever it takes to keep from gettind sued. so they will fix the problem!

You need to nip this one, and nip it GOOD, before your baby becomes the target for all the other kids and parents.

k11311
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM

That's some mother!  don't believe your child can hurt some body's child? she wants her child to kill before she would  believe? ignore her and talk to some one in a higher opposition in the school who can talk to her. sometimes your little angel can be something else.

jazzieel
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM

OMG, this so reminds me of our one neighbor yrs. back Her kids could do no wrong in her eyes. Matter what you told her one of her 2 children had done she would be it's not their fault or that her children would never do such a thing. Now her oldest dd is 18 and I have over heard her more than once complaining about how bratty and disrespectful her dd is. We've run into her a few times when we are out. She talks about how her dd curses her out and expects the world to revolve around her. I wonder how that happened,lol. She is finding out now the hard way, what happens when you put your blinders on when it comes to your child's bad behavior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)