Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Her DD bite my son...guess who she screamed at?

There is a mom at my son's school who must have blinders on. Her daughter has bite my son (both in the 1st grade) at least twice now, she has also bite another child....the moms responce is that our kids must of done something to her daughter cause her daughter is not a biter!

She HATES it when anyone tells her something her child did, to the point where she told my son (after he went to her with a bleeding scratch that her daughter inflicted) that no one would play with a tattle tale and thats why he had no friends.

I already requested that she and my son not be in the same class (they are not this year) but I just get frustrated my son asks me why miss so and so hates him...breaks my heart. She is so blond...never heard her yell at her children just everyone elses...

I dont talk to her, and she barely acknowleds me except to tell me when my son misbehaved...any advice?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Just keep ignoring her the best you can I can't moms who are perfect and are raising perfect kids. You can't tell them anything or reason with them because they know so much more than you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Oh Jinx, lol, I was just about to quote and say the same thing.  Great minds . . . lol

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

A 1st grader is NOT a baby!...see other post! LoL

I would definitely talk to the teacher and school. Make them keep the kids apart.

I would totally go all MOMMA BEAR on this Mom. She needs to get it in her kid that her spawn isn't a precious snowflake.

Quoting mommynac:

I agree that you need to speak to the teacher. i know what I would do--I would confront the mom and tell her to back off and come to you if she wants to talk about it. She has no business speaking to your DS like that. He's just a baby. Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... 

TexaBamaBaby
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM
4 moms liked this

If the kid deals with the problem himself he gets in trouble for retaliation.  If he tells a "trusted" adult he's called a tattletale.  So what it all boils down to is the innocent party has to eat crap and like it.  *fume!*

This is gonna tick some people off, but the only solution I've ever found is to let the kid deal with it himself.  One child my son plays with has a habit of pinching.  We've tried the "tell an adult" routine, but no amount of "correction" from the other parent has put a stop to it and if I or DH correct the child it causes a row.  They're coming over soon and my son said, "She's gonna pinch me!"  I told him, "Well then slap the ___ out of her."   (Just FYI, I told him to smack her on the offending hand, not anywhere else.)

Yes I know that this "method" isn't socially accepted or politcally correct, but a bully is nothing but a terrorist and these little monsters know that they have us all hostage.  Bash me if you will, but I say break with convention and let your DS defend himself.

PS  Another of the myriad reasons I chose to homeschool.

BluEyedCrazy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I dont care what another kid "Supposedly" did to hers. She should teach her kids that walking away is a better option that biting or any other form of inflicting pain. What is wrong with her head?!?!

furbabymum
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM

What does her being blonde have to do with it?

furbabymum
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Ohhh BLIND??? Is that what you meant??

Shit, see people this is why spelling and grammar are important. Here I was ready to cut a bitch for saying this woman is blond but she meant BLIND!

GirlWithANikon
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I would tell her my son wasnt misbehaving he was retaliating against her misbehaving daughter and to STFU.

ilovemykids732
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

This, but be prepared... the mother may bite you OP...

Quoting mommynac:

I agree that you need to speak to the teacher. i know what I would do--I would confront the mom and tell her to back off and come to you if she wants to talk about it. She has no business speaking to your DS like that. He's just a baby. Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... 

Maevelyn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM

" She is so blond..." sorry to start out with something that seems silly to so many ppl but having grown up with blond jokes my whole life, please don't use an aesthetic genetic quality to personify ignorance or incompetence. As to the woman and her dd. My children (both blonds lol) don't play with bullies and are discouraged from playing with violent children and even at 7 and 5 feel comfortable explaining why they will not play with some one, politely. I can hear what my dd would say "I'm sorry but I'm not going to play with you anymore because when I do you hurt me and I don't like that." I'm sorry your son is upset bc the mother was mean, she's obviously a bully herself. 

hcdeubof3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Yikes.....are school officials involved yet? They should be! Her telling your son anything is parental bulling in my book, in called for, and just plain wrong
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN