Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Kine is a 6 yr old. Just curios to see what other first graders are watching on tv. Do you allow a certain amount of time? Or only certain shows to be watched?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Replies (21-28):
MommaLehr
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM
They can watch as many Veggie tales, or any animal or nature documentary, or PBS Kids up to an hour. They have a half hour of free time, its usually pound puppies, phineas and ferb, rainbow brite and sometimes my little pony (whatever is new on netflix) or they can play wii or ipod. during vacations, they earn more TV and iPod time by reading. I would say the tv is on at most three hours a day. :-)

Edit: my kids are 8,6,4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gatorswife1401
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM

My 5 yr old ds usually watches disney channel or nick jr.

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM

DD is almost 6.  She watches Phineas and Ferb and (occasionally) Good Luck Charlie.  Dh and her also watch a lot of documentaries together.  During the school week she watches about 15-30 minutes per day.  On weekends she may watch a little more, or sometimes none at all.  During the summer when we are off, she may watch an hour or so per day.  She also likes some shows on the HUB and PBS.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM
My almost 6yo likes the star wars indiana jones, jyrraduc psrk, and super hero movies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mckinneymom918
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM
when the tv is on, it's on sprout. my kids, 7 and 4 and not allowed to watch any show with "real" people- no icarly, no fresh beat band, etc. maybe I'm keeping them sheltered, but I don't want them to grow up before its time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holland0226
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

My DD is allowed to watch Martha Speaks, Shelldon and sometimes Magic Schoolbus, but only one show a day IF there is time, which usually during the week we don't have time. When I watch while I'm cooking dinner it's either the news or HGTV or Food network our favorite together is Chopped. Oh yea, she's 6 1/2 years old.

TroyboysMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:37 AM

We are not a big television watching family. We record Chopped and Iron Chef on the DVR, and occasionally watch those, but we have a "No TV during the week" rule, and we're so busy on the weekends, between soccer, tae kwon do, and other activities, that we really don't have time for much else. Ds also really likes Phineas and Ferb (and that is mostly what he watches for fun)-last year we got to meet the creators and some of the voice artists, and we even got to see the screening of the movie in a theater during Comic Con in San Diego. I think that's a big part of the appeal for him.

rnmom4lif
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM

my 3 year old doesnt watch much tv, its usually just for alil while in the morning while he eats breakfast and im getting up and showered and whatnot or sometimes maybe like 1/2 before bed.- he mostly watchs disney junior or sprout. my 9 year old doesnt really watch all that much eighter, id say more so on the weekends, during the week its maybe 1/2 before bed or something but thats about it. not because i cut eighter of them off, i never really had too- they are jsut very active and would rather be playing outside most of the time. my older one usually watchs disney or nickelodeon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN