Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

whats your kidwatching on tv?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 28 Replies
Kine is a 6 yr old. Just curios to see what other first graders are watching on tv. Do you allow a certain amount of time? Or only certain shows to be watched?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:03 AM

The only thing we watch with any regularity is Big Bang Theory. We're just not a big tv watching family.

He'll occasionally ask to watch a movie like Star Wars, Monsters Inc, Happy Feet or something from Netflix. I also have 2 older kids, so his tastes are definitely influenced by my 12 & 14 yr. olds'tastes.

StephanieSH
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM

My kids are 6 and 9 and we don't have much time for tv during the week because they are so busy with sports, dance, etc.  My daughter likes the shows on Nick and Disney like iCarly, Wizards of Waverly Place, etc.and she would watch it all day if I let her.  My son, believe it or not, likes reality shows like Cupcake Wars, River Monsters Idiot Abroad and we watch those as a family. 

hollinicole
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM
DD is 5.5 and watches Disney Jr and PBS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM
My lil dude watches Disney junior and treehouse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
culinaryqueen
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Certain shows yes, yes, yes, I will not allow him to watch The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time I try to avoid the CN for their shows, he likes sooo many different shows but those I mentioned above are a definite NO, NO.  He does like to watch the show MonsterMan, he loves how he creates the monsters, and Yes I will let him watch the movie New Moon, he loves watching the wolves...Lol...Scooby Doo, Ninja go (The Lego show), Star Wars the clone wars, He loves Phineas and Ferb.

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Anything on nick jr, Disney jr, hub and something's on cartoon network.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shavonk
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My boys, SS6 & DS5 LOVE the new cartoon on Disney, Doc McStuffins!  In the mornings before school they like to watch Little Einsteins & The Mickey Mouse Club.   My girls, DD11 & SD13 love anything Disney. Jessie, Victorious, Good Luck Charlie, iCarly, A.N.T. farm, etc....I know you didn't ask, but as for DH & I, we love crap TV! Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Impractical Jokers, Two & a half men, and Lizard Lick Towing.  

CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM

DD (5) in in kindergarten and still loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She also likes Phineas and Ferb, Doc McStuffins, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, Kung Fu Panda, Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo and Wild Kingdom.  She doesn't care much for shows like iCarly or Wizards of Waverly Place yet, but she is mesmerized if the tv is on and Seinfeld comes on.  Honestly, she rarely watches tv during the week because we're busy with other things.  She usually watches a few cartoons on weekend mornings and maybe once or twice during the week.

andreahm
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I dont have a first grader, I have a third grader... and we dont have cable at home but at grandmas he watches a lot of batman and scooby doo. He likes Ninjago and phineas and ferb. Im here to tell you though that most of the shows on Cartoon Network are crap. I do not let him watch adventuretime, mad, or regular show. Grandma lets him watch the amazing world of gumball and so far he hasnt said anything off the wall but I monitor heavily. Cartoon Network... I wish I would have BLOCKED it from day one. In first grade all he watched was PBS.

CafeMom Tickers
mommynac
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Phineas and Ferb, Sponge Bob and America's Funniest Home Videos are his favorites these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)