Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Shotgun shells......

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

Not sure where to post this exactly.....we had an incident last night where we found shot gun shells in my moms yard.  We live in the same neighborhood and our backyard butts up to her backyard.  Well, we have alot of problems with the neighborhood kids jumping fences to get from one street to the next and these kids seem to have no rules.   (We live out of town so it's a small subdivision, nice and quiet)  There is also a lady who home schools and has many different kids and people on our street during the day which has caused some friction with the neighbors.  We have asked the kids we have seen jumping the fence over and over to stop going through mom's yard - she lives alone, can't see well, has multiple sclerosis and is just in general not in the greatest health - it freaks her out to see people walking around out there and she can't tell what their doing.  So like I said, last night we find the shotgun shells....my son and hubby mow her yard and can you imagine if the blades would strike the shells?  They could get a foot blown off or worse.  I am kind of at a loss of what to do to stop this and don't really know what direction to start finding out who is doing this and how to get it to stop!  There was also a shotgun shell in an adjoining neighbors yard.  It may just have been a freak thing but it scared the hell out of me.  Any ideas/advice?  Anyone dealt with little hoodlums before?  (LOL)

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Do you have city ordinances or a home owners association in your neighborhood against activity like that?

I'd probably start with a no trespassing sign and looking into what your legal rights are for trespassers.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Exactly, get a no trespassing sign and call the cops whenever a stranger is in her yard.  They will get the message quick enough.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I agree. Call the local police department and file a report. 

LuvmyAiden
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Were they live shells? As in unfired shells? That is definitely wierd. Ammo is expensive these days so to lose it or just throw it out is odd. Short of building a fence I don't what to do to stop the traffic. Maybe cameras so you know who it is and you can charge them for trespassing?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM
It would take a pretty exact hit to fire off the shells. It isn't much of a risk. However, it isn't safe and you need to put a stop to it.

Calling the police, or getting a big dog are about your best options.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Maybe if you don't want a dog borrow someone's big dog you know for like a week maybe that'll scare then away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megsmom05
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestions......I still don't know what we are going to do about this but at least we haven't found any more ammo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN