Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Has anyone else experienced this with their child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I'm asking for no one to judge my child. So here goes...my son is almost 9 years old. Unfortunately he has a disgusting habit of using my tub as his toilet to go number 2 when he's bathing. At first he was doing while taking baths, so now he's only allowed to take showers. Well he's now doing it while showering. Has anyone else experienced this with their child? If so, please help. I'm at wits end with this kid.

Thanks.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (41-46):
I_told_you_so
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM

First thing, I'd find out if there was a medical issue that was giving him constipation - lower GI, or seeing a gastro if the pediatritian didn't come up with anything except laxitive.  A friend's daughter had a partial blockage that caused it to really hurt to go.  He brother was a massage therapist and he massaged her abdomen and showed his sister how to do it when it got  bad, and she eventually straightened out.  The girl wouldn't go much, and when she did it was massive and would even block the toilet from flushing.  He said that it might have been a little twisted in there.

Quoting XJH143:

That's interesting that you say that because my son has an issue with constipation too. He doesn't have a bowel movement on a regular basis. Do you know what your Aunt did to help your cousin?

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

My cousin did this every day for the longest time... She had a constipation issue. My aunt focused on that and it doesn't happen anymore.

Evaden
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I have issues with my almost 8 year old, not as much as we did a year ago but he has accidents in his pants. He holds it to long for one and well once we started getting him to clean his underwear, we told him it was not a punishment but a consquence. Actions have consquences they can be good or bad actions and that will determine what the consquences will be. So pooping in your pants is a bad action resulting in a bad consquence. He has improved but still has one once in a while. What is his eating like, my son is a picky eater and also does not have a large varitey of foods he likes so sometimes we need to watch that because it will affect his "going". Does he take vitamins? The doctor also told us to give him a laxative, I will once in a while and only when I know he is not going tobe in school or at his sports....

Good luck and how have things been going?

ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I remember her talking about lots of water, fiber and a tummy massage.

Quoting XJH143:

That's interesting that you say that because my son has an issue with constipation too. He doesn't have a bowel movement on a regular basis. Do you know what your Aunt did to help your cousin?

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

My cousin did this every day for the longest time... She had a constipation issue. My aunt focused on that and it doesn't happen anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I too was going to say maybe constipation issues and if he has gotten it into his head that he can go there physically then it might be better than the alternative. That is probably why the dr was addressing constipation issues....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staceysgorbach
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I used to be a cna,and one of the people I took care of was a mentally challenged boy who also had adhd,ocd,and bi polar. He would not poop when he needed to,so in turn that would constipate him really bad. To the point the doc made us give him mineral oil in water to drink. But anyway.....at the age of 13 he started using it in the tub. According to the doc,the warm water can sometimes relax the muscles enough to just allow it to come out.

But we had to make him clean it,and when he took his bath we had to give him about 5 minutes,in the tub,then make him get out and get on the toilet. Then he could finish his bath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM
DS has constipation issues at times and the warm water may be triggering it. Sounds like you've gotten some great ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)