Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Has anyone else experienced this with their child?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 46 Replies

Hi,

I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I'm asking for no one to judge my child. So here goes...my son is almost 9 years old. Unfortunately he has a disgusting habit of using my tub as his toilet to go number 2 when he's bathing. At first he was doing while taking baths, so now he's only allowed to take showers. Well he's now doing it while showering. Has anyone else experienced this with their child? If so, please help. I'm at wits end with this kid.

Thanks.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CowgirlMama0508
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM
No experience with that, sorry. Here's a bump for you. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Is he doing it for attention purposes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Thank you!

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Does he have any developmental delays? At 9 he should know that is unacceptable. What do you do when he does this?

reesesami
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM
I'm sorry but is that correct that he is almost 9? If so, have you asked him why? What does he say? He can't just not notice. By 9 you have to focus in what you're doing. Maybe the hot water makes him feel the need to go? If so, does he know he is allowed to get out of the shower to use the toilet? Maybe he thinks he'll get in trouble for dripping water on the floor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

The only thing I can think of developmentally is that he still wets the bed occassionally. Other than that he's smart as a whip. He's on the honor roll in school, and has been for 2 years straight. He's not a trouble maker. He's a good kid, he just has this nasty habit and I don't get it.

mymanben
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

my sister was about 10 before she can control it. I don't remember what her deal was, but the doctor diagnosed her with something or another

XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I thought the hot water was an issue as well, which is why he's not able to take baths anymore. I've also explained to him that he can get out of the the shower if he feels the need to go. I told him I'd rather a wet floor than human waste down my drains. I've even explained to him that this is a health hazard to the rest of the family, especially his sister who I bathe in the same tub. For some reason it's not getting through to him.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Have you talked to his doctor about this?

XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Have you talked to his doctor about this?

Yes, we've been to the doctor. The doctor wanted to put on him on a laxative to try an regulate when he goes. The issue is not when he goes, it's where he goes. I'm thinking another chat with the doctor is needed, but I was looking for advice from other moms who may have experienced this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN