Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Has anyone else experienced this with their child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I'm asking for no one to judge my child. So here goes...my son is almost 9 years old. Unfortunately he has a disgusting habit of using my tub as his toilet to go number 2 when he's bathing. At first he was doing while taking baths, so now he's only allowed to take showers. Well he's now doing it while showering. Has anyone else experienced this with their child? If so, please help. I'm at wits end with this kid.

Thanks.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cara5
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I would ask him, in a calm manner, why he does this.  If he cant answer you, tell him thats okay, you would prefer he go in the toilet, and here are all the reasons why. But if you must continue to do this, here is how to properly clean the tub after disposing of the poo properly. If you poop in the shower, you just clean the shower. Its not punishment, dont yell at him, but its just the way things are. When he gets tired of scrubbing the tub maybe he will make the extra effort to get to the toilet. 

Does he have #2 accidents any other times?  

XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Quoting Cara5:

I would ask him, in a calm manner, why he does this.  If he cant answer you, tell him thats okay, you would prefer he go in the toilet, and here are all the reasons why. But if you must continue to do this, here is how to properly clean the tub after disposing of the poo properly. If you poop in the shower, you just clean the shower. Its not punishment, dont yell at him, but its just the way things are. When he gets tired of scrubbing the tub maybe he will make the extra effort to get to the toilet. 

Does he have #2 accidents any other times?  

I like your idea of making him the clean the tub when he does it! No, he doesn't have accidents any other time, only in the shower.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I agree with Cara, by now, at 9yo if he goes in the shower, he must clean and disinfect the shower. Not a punishment per se, but as the consequence to his action and to make it safe for the family.

it would probably not hurt to talk to the Dr again, and see about regulating when he goes. If he showers at a similar time each day, or every other day, his body has become used to going in the shower and the waer is a trigger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Quoting XJH143:

Quoting Barabell:

Have you talked to his doctor about this?

Yes, we've been to the doctor. The doctor wanted to put on him on a laxative to try an regulate when he goes. The issue is not when he goes, it's where he goes. I'm thinking another chat with the doctor is needed, but I was looking for advice from other moms who may have experienced this.

I understand that. I've just never heard of this before. Even when my son was very little, I don't remember him doing that. I was just curious what the doctor said. I agree that it doesn't seem like a laxative would help. It doesn't seem like that's the problem. I was also wondering like the PP suggest is whether it was some kind of reaction to the warm water.

XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I agree with Cara, by now, at 9yo if he goes in the shower, he must clean and disinfect the shower. Not a punishment per se, but as the consequence to his action and to make it safe for the family.

it would probably not hurt to talk to the Dr again, and see about regulating when he goes. If he showers at a similar time each day, or every other day, his body has become used to going in the shower and the waer is a trigger.

You may be on to something in regards to the water being a trigger for him. I'm definitely calling the doctor to schedule an appointment. I just wanted to throw it out into the cyber world of other moms to see what would come up. Thanks.

melissa632
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM
No, I'm sorry. I have never dealt with that. If my 9yo did that, I'd make him clean it up. (Unless he's special needs, of course).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting XJH143:

Quoting Barabell:

Have you talked to his doctor about this?

Yes, we've been to the doctor. The doctor wanted to put on him on a laxative to try an regulate when he goes. The issue is not when he goes, it's where he goes. I'm thinking another chat with the doctor is needed, but I was looking for advice from other moms who may have experienced this.

I understand that. I've just never heard of this before. Even when my son was very little, I don't remember him doing that. I was just curious what the doctor said. I agree that it doesn't seem like a laxative would help. It doesn't seem like that's the problem. I was also wondering like the PP suggest is whether it was some kind of reaction to the warm water.

I've never heard of it before either, which is why this is so perplexing. I've even googled it, and nothing. Thanks for your help. I do agree with the other poster about the warm water being a trigger for him.

XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Quoting melissa632:

No, I'm sorry. I have never dealt with that. If my 9yo did that, I'd make him clean it up. (Unless he's special needs, of course).

PLEASE believe I NEVER clean it up after him. If he can consciously stand there and do a number 2, he can clean up after himself.

melissa632
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I believe you, I believe you...lol!
Wow, you'd think him having to clean it would be a deterrent. I wish you luck.

Quoting XJH143:

Quoting melissa632:

PLEASE believe I NEVER clean it up after him. If he can consciously stand there and do a number 2, he can clean up after himself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM

LOL....Thank you!

Quoting melissa632:

I believe you, I believe you...lol!
Wow, you'd think him having to clean it would be a deterrent. I wish you luck.

Quoting XJH143:

Quoting melissa632:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN