Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Has anyone else experienced this with their child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I'm asking for no one to judge my child. So here goes...my son is almost 9 years old. Unfortunately he has a disgusting habit of using my tub as his toilet to go number 2 when he's bathing. At first he was doing while taking baths, so now he's only allowed to take showers. Well he's now doing it while showering. Has anyone else experienced this with their child? If so, please help. I'm at wits end with this kid.

Thanks.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
ShesALady
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Here's a bump. I hope you can figure this out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Have you thought about making him sit on the toilet before shower, until he goes?
And it's gross, but I would tell my nine year old she wasn't allowed to shower and hand her a wet rag and tell her to clean herself that way until she stopped pooping in the tub!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Acutally I don't think what you said is gross at all. As a matter of fact I told him that was the next step and that he better not crap on my floor...No, I hadn't thought about making sit on the toilet before a shower, but that is something I will try tonight. Thank you.

Quoting matofour:

Have you thought about making him sit on the toilet before shower, until he goes?
And it's gross, but I would tell my nine year old she wasn't allowed to shower and hand her a wet rag and tell her to clean herself that way until she stopped pooping in the tub!!

XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Thank you!

Quoting ShesALady:

Here's a bump. I hope you can figure this out.

Heartlight617
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM
He may be having some constipation issues, and the warm water relaxes him enough to get the urge. I used to hear my little guy jump out of the shower to hit the toilet about 1/3 of the way through his shower!
He definitely needs to take time to sit on the toilet several times a day. That is important-to take the time to let it happen! I find white grape juice (Welch's is the best) is laxative, and chocolate. I offer my son a glass of juice or a chocolate chip cookie after dinner, so if he needs to go-it jump starts it.
He was a preemie and had spinal neurosurgery, so had difficulty getting started for awhile.
Do continue to emphasize the sanitary issue with him. Good luck:)
XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Thank you for the insight and for sharing your story. I did have sit on the toilet tonight before his shower. I will keep that up, and remember the white grape juice too.

Quoting Heartlight617:

He may be having some constipation issues, and the warm water relaxes him enough to get the urge. I used to hear my little guy jump out of the shower to hit the toilet about 1/3 of the way through his shower!
He definitely needs to take time to sit on the toilet several times a day. That is important-to take the time to let it happen! I find white grape juice (Welch's is the best) is laxative, and chocolate. I offer my son a glass of juice or a chocolate chip cookie after dinner, so if he needs to go-it jump starts it.
He was a preemie and had spinal neurosurgery, so had difficulty getting started for awhile.
Do continue to emphasize the sanitary issue with him. Good luck:)

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM

What does he have to say about it? Is he remorseful afterward?

I hope you figure it out. 

XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

For the most part there is no remorse. He just stands there and stares at me after he's been caught. He'll give me some excuse, then I lecture him, and after about 30 minutes he acts as if nothing happened.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

What does he have to say about it? Is he remorseful afterward?

I hope you figure it out. 

Ireallydontcare
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Not at 9 momma. I don't know so here is a bump.

chinosruca
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Unless he is mentally ill or has a real medical problem, that is unacceptable. It is disgusting. He is 9, not 2. My 19 montg old knows when to go to the toilet to poop. He would not enjoy being my kid if he did that in my home. He would be punished on top of completely disifecting the shower each time. His punishments would increase until it stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)