Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Has anyone else experienced this with their child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I'm asking for no one to judge my child. So here goes...my son is almost 9 years old. Unfortunately he has a disgusting habit of using my tub as his toilet to go number 2 when he's bathing. At first he was doing while taking baths, so now he's only allowed to take showers. Well he's now doing it while showering. Has anyone else experienced this with their child? If so, please help. I'm at wits end with this kid.

Thanks.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
Jerichos_Mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Sorry no experience there.  Have you had him checked out to see if there is a physical problem?  Constipation?  Maybe the warm water in the tub makes it easier to move his bowels?  As for the shower maybe standing helps to move it down.  I sya this because sometimes when I know I have to go more but can't standing or walking awhile helps so I can go back and finish.

Also have you begun having him throughly clean up after himself?

momofpreemieboy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Yes I started making them clean it and as punishment they had to clean the bathroom for a week. It worked it stopped my DD from doing it although she was only seven when she was doing it. She told me after her week of cleaning was through, that she was never doing it again because cleaning up after everyone made her think this is what mommy does and she loves mommy!!! LOL Her words.

XJH143
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Thank you for your input. Did you make her clean everyday for the entire week?

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

Yes I started making them clean it and as punishment they had to clean the bathroom for a week. It worked it stopped my DD from doing it although she was only seven when she was doing it. She told me after her week of cleaning was through, that she was never doing it again because cleaning up after everyone made her think this is what mommy does and she loves mommy!!! LOL Her words.

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Make him scrub out the tub after he does it with cleaner and a scrub brush and just let him know that it is not allowed and if he does it he will be cleaning it. I have not had any experiance with it, but my son used to pee all over the seat and stuff and I started making him clean up after himself with it and scrub the floor around there and he stopped doing it.

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Also try adding a fiber suppliment daily. Fiber choice ones are great

Quoting XJH143:

Thank you for the insight and for sharing your story. I did have sit on the toilet tonight before his shower. I will keep that up, and remember the white grape juice too.

Quoting Heartlight617:

He may be having some constipation issues, and the warm water relaxes him enough to get the urge. I used to hear my little guy jump out of the shower to hit the toilet about 1/3 of the way through his shower!
He definitely needs to take time to sit on the toilet several times a day. That is important-to take the time to let it happen! I find white grape juice (Welch's is the best) is laxative, and chocolate. I offer my son a glass of juice or a chocolate chip cookie after dinner, so if he needs to go-it jump starts it.
He was a preemie and had spinal neurosurgery, so had difficulty getting started for awhile.
Do continue to emphasize the sanitary issue with him. Good luck:)

XJH143
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Thank you for your input and advice. I think adding the fiber suppplment is a really good idea. He doesn't go regularly so that could help with that too.

Quoting othermom:

Also try adding a fiber suppliment daily. Fiber choice ones are great

Quoting XJH143:

Thank you for the insight and for sharing your story. I did have sit on the toilet tonight before his shower. I will keep that up, and remember the white grape juice too.

Quoting Heartlight617:

He may be having some constipation issues, and the warm water relaxes him enough to get the urge. I used to hear my little guy jump out of the shower to hit the toilet about 1/3 of the way through his shower!
He definitely needs to take time to sit on the toilet several times a day. That is important-to take the time to let it happen! I find white grape juice (Welch's is the best) is laxative, and chocolate. I offer my son a glass of juice or a chocolate chip cookie after dinner, so if he needs to go-it jump starts it.
He was a preemie and had spinal neurosurgery, so had difficulty getting started for awhile.
Do continue to emphasize the sanitary issue with him. Good luck:)

Lispi
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Only experienced it once when my son was 13 months old. It has never happened again and he is now almost 6. I would certainly discuss it with the doctor and even before then i would explain a reasonable consequence to the child if it happens again . Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM
My cousin did this every day for the longest time... She had a constipation issue. My aunt focused on that and it doesn't happen anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofpreemieboy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Yes but it was mostly picking up her and her sisters stuff and twice complete scrub down of bathroom. That was my normal routine every week when I had to clean it normally. LOL could not use it otherwise kids would leave towels and clothes in there periodically.

Quoting XJH143:

Thank you for your input. Did you make her clean everyday for the entire week?

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

XJH143
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

That's interesting that you say that because my son has an issue with constipation too. He doesn't have a bowel movement on a regular basis. Do you know what your Aunt did to help your cousin?

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

My cousin did this every day for the longest time... She had a constipation issue. My aunt focused on that and it doesn't happen anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN