Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I want to be in the loop?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

I went to a meeting of our schools "Family Association" tonight.  The moms in charge were complaining about all the flack they get - people unhappy with changes, snotty remarks, rumors, etc.  I like these moms, support them, and help out when I can.  I only know what they tell me.  I don't do Facebook.  I don't text  I don't have lots of face-to-face time with any parents.  I volunteer in the lunchroom every week, I'm a room mom for a teacher that doesn't want anything from her room moms, and I help at Family Association events when I can.  I have no idea what all the behind the scenes stuff is. 

If I'm not part of the solution (standing up for people/things I believe in), am I part of the problem? 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I wouldn't think that you are part of the problem if you help out where and when you can.  Sometimes you are better off not knowing about all of the behind the scenes crap.  I'm in the freaking middle of the loop at our school and I can't stand it most days.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

You don't sound like part of the problem to me. You help when you can, and that's commendable.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Just b/c you don't know all the behind-the-scenes stuff doesn't mean you're part of a problem. You do what you can to help, when you can. Sometimes, I think it's better to not know all that other stuff : )

Jerichos_Mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:18 AM

No I don't think so

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
I totally agree!

Quoting wakymom:

Just b/c you don't know all the behind-the-scenes stuff doesn't mean you're part of a problem. You do what you can to help, when you can. Sometimes, I think it's better to not know all that other stuff : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)