Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Will You Shave Your Boy's Head This Summer?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
  • 51 Replies

The weather has turned warm and humid, so it's a great  time to take off all your boy's hair. I've got the clippers oiled up and ready to go. When son gets home from school today, I will sit him down and shave off that winter mop-top. I use a number 1 blade on top, which takes the hair down to 1/8 inch. I use a bare clipper on the back and sides, which literally shaves the hair down to the skin. You may have heard this haircut called a "fade." This is such a great summer haircut for boys. It is maintenance free. A quick wipe with a washcloth is all that's needed to care for it. I encourage you to try this haircut on your boy. You'll both love it!

Please let me know if you need any tips on clippers, haircuts, techniques, etc. I've given my boy this haircut every summer since he was three (he's now 12), so I'm an expert. Have a great summer, everyone!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheezit47
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My son is very pale and skinny (and blonde blonde hair) and when I shave him to short it makes him look sick (NOTHING against sick kids, obviously!!!!) so I tend to keep it trimmed very short.

hfs1998
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

DH shaved our 3 yr old ds this past Easter.  He looks older with his hair so short.  He is blonde too.  I think it makes him look sharp! :) 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My boys don't like to have their hair that short and since it is their hair it is their decision.  My 11 year old typically goes with a "jar head" hair cut over the summer and he has his favorite Marine do it for him.  My 8 year old likes his a little longer so I use a 1/2" guard on the clippers for him.

Crazy_Daze
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I shave both my boy's heads year round.

mommynac
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I want to do the football mohawk again this year. DS loves it!

jenandpetersmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

My son gets a #2 every cut.

peggy572
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Nice!! I love that Marine look. Like to see skin on the back and sides!

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM

No, just his normal cut is fine.

peggy572
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Quoting jenandpetersmom:

My son gets a #2 every cut.

That's nice, too. So easy to buzz it all the same length all over. If you want to start shaving the back and sides down to the skin, just let me know. I can tell you how to do a fade. I'll walk you right through it!

natesmom1228
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Yes, my son likes his hair cut with a #4 in the summer. It grows really fast anyways so it's fine with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)