Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Will You Shave Your Boy's Head This Summer?

Posted by   + Show Post

The weather has turned warm and humid, so it's a great  time to take off all your boy's hair. I've got the clippers oiled up and ready to go. When son gets home from school today, I will sit him down and shave off that winter mop-top. I use a number 1 blade on top, which takes the hair down to 1/8 inch. I use a bare clipper on the back and sides, which literally shaves the hair down to the skin. You may have heard this haircut called a "fade." This is such a great summer haircut for boys. It is maintenance free. A quick wipe with a washcloth is all that's needed to care for it. I encourage you to try this haircut on your boy. You'll both love it!

Please let me know if you need any tips on clippers, haircuts, techniques, etc. I've given my boy this haircut every summer since he was three (he's now 12), so I'm an expert. Have a great summer, everyone!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
kimikylemama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I always keep kyle's hair very short.  I believe its the number 2.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM
DH is excarmy, now police...he keeps his high n tight...DS1 likes his shaved like DHs ...its about time for his summer shearing... lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTLoveMyBoys
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

No, just his normal cut is fine.

Loving Wife to Matt since 06/17/95.
Dedicated Mom to Shane Wyatt (05/29/96),
Brendan Cole (02/13/99), Liam Everett (04/06/01), Hayden Levi (01/10/03) & Riley Chase (12/28/07)

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

My son likes the same length year-round. #6 on top, and #3 on the sides with the angled clipper around the ears and back.

I used to take him to the stylist, but they always screw up his hair and he needed it fixed when we got home. So we just decided clippers were easier.

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I keep my boys hair short anytime.  They don't like it to get too long.  My oldest has really curly hair (girls would die for that) and he hates that.  He's 16 so I can't tell him how to get his haircut anymore. 

family in the van   Mom of four

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I dislike the shaved look so never did it when my son was little.  I used to spike the top which I thought was cute.  Between 8 and 10, he had long hair (long enough that he was frequently mistaken for a girl).  It wasn't what I liked but it was his hair and he liked it.  Around 11 he had it cut and keeps it cut pretty short but not shaved.  Even though I don't like the shaved look, I'd let him do it if he wanted.  The only things I will not allow are mohawks and dredlocks.

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM

My son would be pissed if I had his head shaved.  It's mainly the "trashy" kids at his school who have shaved heads and he would NOT want to be mistaken for that crowd.

skittles2011
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM

both of my boys have odd textured hair and it looks best cut short. in the summer i tend to cut my oldest sons hair pretty short too.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM

We've never shaved it.  He's 10 and gets to choose so we'll see what he wants this year

MamaSulli2005
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM

No, we have 3 boys, the baby's will get trimmed to keep it out of his eyes but it's still pretty thin even if it is darker. The oldest usually get a buzz cut of some sort, and the middle at 3 has extremely thin blond hair that we keep trimmed up pretty well too. I don't like shaving their heads lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN