Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son is going into Kindergarten this fall.

He's been used to eating breakfast about 7am and getting a small snack at 10am.  By noon, he's famished.

Do most Kindergartens give a snack mid-morning?  What sorts of things?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (21-27):
kksmomma1019
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM
My son has a morning snack because they have a late lunch. We send it in daily.
jbfcmom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Our school does morning snack for the kindy, 1st, and 2nd graders. It's a shared snack for the whole class that the parents have to take turns providing. I always try to bring in healthier items with lower sugar and no artificial dyes since my DD can't have them, but I know not all of the parents bring good things. I wish we could just be responsible for sending our own snack everyday.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Our Kindergarten is only 2 1/2hrs.  My son is afternoon so he goes in at 11:40am and leaves at 2:20pm and they have an afternoon snack packed by the parents.  It must be healthy or it gets confiscated as our school has a no junk policy. 

Osstie
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

At my son's school they have snack twice a day. Parents are assigned a day a month to bring in a healthy snack for the entire class. I have brought graham crackers, pretzels, yogurt, muffins, etc..

Will he be going for a full day or half?

momamanda
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

My son has breakfast at 7am and his class eats lunch at 10:45. His teacher does an afternoon snack that we pack. I usually pack dry cereal but he is never hungry enough to eat it!:0)

huskermom98
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Just ask the school--my son's school has such a high rate of free & reduced lunch kids that they are part of a program that offers free snacks 4 days a week (not on Wed. because they get out early every Wed.).  It's always fruits and veggies which is great!  Last year the program did not kick in until October so parents were asked to bring in snacks until then, but I don't remember what I sent.

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

My daughters school does, she goes half days. They have a mix of diffrent things. Sometimes muffins, bananas, cereal, ect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)