Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

hand made vs bought?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

birthday party invites?

ds1 has a end of june bday but we are sending home invites the last week of may, and his party will be mid june.. soo custom made invites, or just simple target ones hand writen>?

its a kinda simple party, he wants batman, and im doing a bounce house, and maybe a craft, each kid gets a tshirt,, but still not like the parties he got invited too at the local fun houses

momma to three amazing boys! and in love with their amazing daddy! living our untraditional life. dont judge, weve made it this far and it works :)

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I always make them for my kids's parties. We do home parties and I like setting the tone and making them special/memorable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleumonster
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM
As long as its not just a piece of paper with the invite handwritten by the kid, then handmade is fine. I usually buy just because its cheaper and easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I do handmade, and get very creative with them. Usually they go along with the theme.

cav629
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Friends of mine have been using vista print and having them printed with the theme, info etc. they look really nice and are way easier. I did my sons first bday and loved them but then realized I was prob the only person that really appreciated them :( good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I just got them from Target, it was easier.

sweetmissy_05
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Bought...I am not crafty
huskermom98
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

If I had a theme that had invites as part of the party line then I usually just did store bought to make life easier.  Two years ago I did make them because I had the cutest monkey stamp and it was a monkey theme.  Last year I "made" them, but that only means I found a clipart of a monster truck and printed it on one side and put party info on the other.

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I've done both. sounds like your sending a lot tho- I'd probably just buy them- I made my wedding invites, so maybe I'm burnt out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I've done both. Usually custom when they were younger, bought when they're older. For DD's tea party, I found ones shape like a tea pot and you pulled up the lid for the info. They were adorable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Not too many there are 23 kiddos in his class, the other invutes will be by phone.

Quoting mckinneymom918:

I've done both. sounds like your sending a lot tho- I'd probably just buy them- I made my wedding invites, so maybe I'm burnt out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN