Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Where do you keep the trophies your kids get from all the sports?

Cindy

by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM
No sports, no trophies. She does surf, but has not startes competing yet. Maybe this summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Wherever they fit! DS2 has trophys from BMX racing on his dresser. The others don'thave any yet.

I just got two for a karate tournament this past weekend, and have no clue what to do with it. I'm thinking of putting shelves in our school room and put everyone's in there. DS1 has another tournament in a month and DS2 and dd will be competing in gymnastics soon.

PS... I only display EARNED. Trophys, those for placing. I hate the trend of giving everyone on a team a trophy justbecause they showed up for the season. It needs to be a trophy for PLACING to go on the shelf...otherwise it will go in their "keepsake box"...a rubbermaid bin that I have for each child with special projects, papers, scout stuff etc. They will get when they get married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gatorswife1401
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

The few that my dd has I asked her where she wanted them and she put them in her room. She does has one on her desk that is in the back of the livingroom

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM
In their rooms. Once we run out of room, we'll move some to the basement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on May. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

My kids haven't gotten trophies since they were in youth bowling and that's been a couple of years because I don't like how they do it here.  Anyway, they kept them on their dressers.

family in the van   Mom of four

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Whereever they want them. My son likes to take his trophies to his grandparents house.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM

On our built-in buffet in our dining room.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I think you need this....look here.

But some of these are cool too.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Wherever they fit! DS2 has trophys from BMX racing on his dresser. The others don'thave any yet.

I just got two for a karate tournament this past weekend, and have no clue what to do with it. I'm thinking of putting shelves in our school room and put everyone's in there. DS1 has another tournament in a month and DS2 and dd will be competing in gymnastics soon.

PS... I only display EARNED. Trophys, those for placing. I hate the trend of giving everyone on a team a trophy justbecause they showed up for the season. It needs to be a trophy for PLACING to go on the shelf...otherwise it will go in their "keepsake box"...a rubbermaid bin that I have for each child with special projects, papers, scout stuff etc. They will get when they get married.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM
$73.00!! Holy Crap! Lol

I've thought about making one like the first one you posted for DS and I. We will see how long DS stickes with it.

My dad is a woodworker, has a full shop in his garage and we could make something like that for less than $30 with oak or another nice wood.

Quoting kmrtigger:

I think you need this....look here.

But some of these are cool too.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTLoveMyBoys
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM

They keep them in their rooms

Loving Wife to Matt since 06/17/95.
Dedicated Mom to Shane Wyatt (05/29/96),
Brendan Cole (02/13/99), Liam Everett (04/06/01), Hayden Levi (01/10/03) & Riley Chase (12/28/07)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)