Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What are you doing for Teacher Appreciation Week?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM
  • 18 Replies

So....I went on line to get some ideas about what to do for Teacher Appreciation week and came across this ADORABLE website, Lauren Kinsey (I believe, but can double check)...she had some awesome ideas and free downloadables so my eight year old daughter and I did it this morning and LOOVE the final product.

The jar is filled with customized Hershey Kisses with stickers on the bottom that say:

You Rule!

Favorite Teacher

Thank You

or an apple picture.

Then nestled in the middle is a $10 Dunkin Donuts Gift Card.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Super cute!

For whatever reason, our school celebrated teacher appreciation last week.

I felt so spoiled!

kellysp6637
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Thanks!

Hmmm...I wonder why you guys celebrated last week...it's funny though, I had to call my friend whose also on the PTA last week to confirm I didn't forget it, lol...for some reason I thought it was last week.

From your post, I take it you had a nice week!!!!  My daughter's teacher is just phenomenal and I do things all year round for him, plus am planning on doing something special for the end of the year...so I couldn't figure out what to do for this.....I'm glad I came across this website, because it gave me the idea to do something sweet but simple!

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Super cute!

I felt so spoiled!

Kris_PBG
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I didn't even know we were celebrating "early" until a parent said something! Lol!

Your idea is unique!

And yes, my kiddos and parents spoiled me so much! I mean, I always feel spoiled during this week, but this year was over the top!

Quoting kellysp6637:

Thanks!

Hmmm...I wonder why you guys celebrated last week...it's funny though, I had to call my friend whose also on the PTA last week to confirm I didn't forget it, lol...for some reason I thought it was last week.

From your post, I take it you had a nice week!!!!  My daughter's teacher is just phenomenal and I do things all year round for him, plus am planning on doing something special for the end of the year...so I couldn't figure out what to do for this.....I'm glad I came across this website, because it gave me the idea to do something sweet but simple!

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Super cute!

I felt so spoiled!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thebailiffs
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Monday-decorate the door, Tuesday- a flower from each kid, Wednesay- Bring in a book with a note on it, Thursday- Bring in school supplies, Friday- your own gifts.  We made her a shadow box with her last name letter cut with crayons.

It is a lot!!

johnny4ever
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM
We made 3 pinterest gifts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM

We're going to get something for the class gift basket. There are boxes in each classroom and each kid is supposed to bring something to put in their teacher's box by Wednesday. Then a mom will arrange the stuff into a nice gift basket for the teacher. They suggested supplies or coffee shop giftcards, etc. Baskets will be presented at an assembly on Friday. Monday, there will be a banner hung up in the school, and doors will be decorated. Tuesday, I'm helping with breakfast for the teachers. Wednesday, someone from a spa will be there to do short massages. Thursday, lunch will be provided for teachers. Friday is a school assembly...someone made a slide show with pics of teachers when they were in the grade that they teach...kids have to guess who is who. Gift baskets will be presented.

TroyboysMom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Monday: I'm bringing the teacher lunch, and hanging a banner the kids made in the room.
Tuesday: Kids are bringing non-perishable food items from home to donate to the local food pantry in teacher's name.
Wednesday: Kids are wearing team colors

Thursday: Kids are wearing surfer gear
Friday: PTA is providing lunch, and we will be presenting teacher with a digital photo frame, and a video I made with all the kids telling him why they love being in his class.

We will also be making a class donation to his favorite charity in his name.  

Chymerra
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I sent in money to the class mom.  We are buying the new Keurig for the teachers lounge, getting them all resturant.com gift certificates and making T-shirts with handprints for the teacher and teacher's assistant.  I am going to send in a card.

I don't know what the school is doing.  To be honest, I don't think that they celebrate.  Its up to the room mom/individual parents.

kellysp6637
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:30 AM

I think that's a great idea!

I wish we could also do something as a class, but we just wouldn't have enough participation...

Quoting Chymerra:

I sent in money to the class mom.  We are buying the new Keurig for the teachers lounge, getting them all resturant.com gift certificates and making T-shirts with handprints for the teacher and teacher's assistant.  I am going to send in a card.

I don't know what the school is doing.  To be honest, I don't think that they celebrate.  Its up to the room mom/individual parents.

jen2150
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Since we homeschool, maybe I should treat myself this week.  LOL  Seriously the gifts are very cute.  I was thinking on doing something for my kids teachers the last week of May.  The only problem is I have 7 teachers to do things for and I am not sure yet what I want to do yet.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN