Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Would you attend a FRIDAY birthday party?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be able to let your child attend a Friday evening party in the SUMMER?

Options:

Yes

Probably not - I'd prefer Sat or Sun

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

I just wanted feedback. My DD has a summer birthday, and wants a kid party. She'll be 6.

I was thinking of passing out invites the last day of school, and doing a party on a Friday in June. It would be a 4 - 6 at the jumpy house zone out here. My reason is they offer good package deals for Froday parties, as oppossed to the weekend.

She's been to quite a few parties this year, and they all get a good class turnout. Do you think a Friday evening in the summer might work with parents? The place is right in town, so close and convenient. I'll serve dinner and cake too.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkieRed
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I don't see a Friday itself being a problem for parents, the 4-6PM time might be a problem for working parents, if they don't get off work until 5. Unless most of the kids you are inviting have stay at home moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Yes. I have Fridays off
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I can do a 5 - 7 too. It has to be any 2 hour block beween 4 and 7.

mommy259
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Friday would be fine, may concern is most parents don't get off work until 5pm so kids would end up not coming or they would be late

mom2maryjoseph
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I couldn't.  I don't get home at the earliest till 6 from work.  By the time I got home and got everybody togather we wouldn't make it till the end of the party around here.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I don't see why not.  It is your child's party. I am all for saving money where I can.  I had my wedding on a Sunday so I could get a 40% discount from the hotel where my wedding was held.  It worked out great for everyone, and the savings allowed us to hire a really good DJ to provide music for our reception.

cmfarm
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Since it is during the summer I think a Friday would be okay (especially since you will provide food).

AubreeLynn7
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I could but like others have said, most parents don't get off till 4 or 5 so they wouldn't be able to get there at party start time.

torie81
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Quoting PinkieRed:

I don't see a Friday itself being a problem for parents, the 4-6PM time might be a problem for working parents, if they don't get off work until 5. Unless most of the kids you are inviting have stay at home moms.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cara5
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love more Friday parties. 3pm on a saturday is such a pain in the ass, because it breaks up the most useful part of one of the only days were all off and home together or out doing family stuff.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)