Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I let the teacher know what happened??

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM
  • 23 Replies

On Friday my 6 and 5 year old decided to climb DD ( dresser in the 1 min it took me to go pee and it tipped, the TV slid off and hit my 6 year old in the face the only reason that the dresser didn't fall was that the plug of the TV didn't pull from the wall and held the dresser. I heard it crash and the kids scream, I ran out of the bathroom and grabbed her because she had fallen right where the dresser was about to tip over, I checked her and after crying for a few minutes, she was fine and playing normally . I called the Nurse line and they said to ice it and if it swelled bad to take her into the Dr's but that there was no reason to take her if it was just a bruise, that there was nothing they would do but tell us to ice it. 

Well 3 days later, she still has a big bruise on her cheek (It's fading, but still looks bad) but nothing more, she has to go to school tomorrow....Should I tell the teacher what happened, when I drop her off or should I just let it be and let her tell them? I don't want them thinking anything bad or anything....WWYD?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpurgeonMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I would tell the teacher just to avoid confusion. I'm also very close with both my dds teachers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmfarm
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM

If it doesn't look that bad anymore I wouldn't say anything. My kids are always getting scrapes and bruises, I would have to send in tons of notes.

mommy2cristian
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I'd mention it to her & buy some of those things to put so heavy items don't fall over. 

thebailiffs
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

YES, I would just let them know it was an accident and explain what happened.

LadyBear1
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I would definately explain that one to the teacher.  There are so many ways a child could explain it and have a lot of confusion over it.

AubreeLynn7
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM

As a teacher, I agree with this

Quoting LadyBear1:

I would definately explain that one to the teacher.  There are so many ways a child could explain it and have a lot of confusion over it.

MamiJaAyla
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Quoting AubreeLynn7:

As a teacher, I agree with this

Quoting LadyBear1:

BethanyJ
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people are very CPS-happy, so I would definitely say something to the teacher.  

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I would definatly tell the teacher.  I know some one who went through an issue where the child had a mark below their eye and the kid told the teacher some weird story about the dad doing something to cause it when it wasn't true. Caused lots of drama

mjimaging
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I would probably explain it too. I always make mention of ds's owies so they don't freak out but they are usually knees and ankles and very rarely, but sometimes, on his head or face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)