Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

took ds to get his new glasses today....

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 2 Replies

I took ds for his yearly check up and to get new glasses. after he does the exam he says hold on i will be right back the machine read his glasses and im getting a totally different reading from him. he comes back and says ds glasses are reading neg 2 he even checked them by hand and when he did the exam he was getting plus 1. so he was very confused. he said kids eyes never get that much better in a year. he gave me the near sided test thing and asked me to read the first few lines than he got 2 lens and put them in front of my eyes it was so blurry i couldn't see any of the words i just saw black blurry spots. he said that is how ds has been seeing with his glasses and that could be why he is lifting up his glasses while reading the glasses are making his eyes work alot harder. he said if it where his kid he would skip the glasses and he never gives kids glasses at this level. So now hes not wearing glasses and it so weird to see him without glasses

by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CrazedMomof2
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM

My niece had glasses for awhile and then didn't need them. I bet it is weird!

desmom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I have really bad eyes and I've learned that I have to have the doctor do a test with the new ones on before I leave. I have had occasions where, although their external checks showed they were made as ordered, they were still not right for my eyes...just one of the ways was where they placed the line of vision. They don't like my taking up the doctor's time to check them out after purchase but I've had too many mistakes. A quick read test isn't enough. So I make sure the same is done for my son. He, too, has had the same experience.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)