Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Cooking with kids

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 21 Replies
Lately DS6 is really interested in cooking. He wants to make dinner every Monday and Thursday so I've been looking for some easy recipes and ideas. Anyone have any kids recipes or cooking ideas? Tomorrow he even invited his friend over for dinner so he can cook for him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

My daughter loves making breakfast for dinner!

chinosruca
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
My daughters first meal she helped cook was meatloaf at age 4. She is 9 today & requested we make meatloaf for her birthday dinner. She loves to cook & has been my helper since age 4. She can cook just about anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MB13
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM

How about spaghetti.  He can brown ground beef and add it to sauce.  Or if you want to start out easier, have him put frozen meatballs in the sauce to cook.

My son also used to like to make Hamburger Helper.

momamanda
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM

homemade Pizza is an easy thing for him to make almost by himself he can even make the salad! My kids like to help me! I let them tear and wash lettuce. I steam fresh carrots a few times a week for dinner. I let the older 2 peel them. I cut them up and one of them will put them in the pot!. They can help pour things, stir things. Usually they help with the prep then I let them set the table while I finish up!

Mom of maddie 8, Jonny 6, katie 4
wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:07 PM

You can come up w/ all sorts of things if you google "kid's recipes".

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM

When it comes to cooking, do you mean him completely doing it all on his own, or with some help?

sdbrowneyez
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:00 AM
We love that too!!

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

My daughter loves making breakfast for dinner!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdbrowneyez
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:02 AM
With help at this age. The other night we made hamburgers. He mixed everything up with his hands and made the patties but I cooked them. I cut up and steamed the broccoli but he added the seasonings and served all the plates.

Quoting kmrtigger:

When it comes to cooking, do you mean him completely doing it all on his own, or with some help?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdbrowneyez
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Great idea thanks!

Quoting momamanda:

homemade Pizza is an easy thing for him to make almost by himself he can even make the salad! My kids like to help me! I let them tear and wash lettuce. I steam fresh carrots a few times a week for dinner. I let the older 2 peel them. I cut them up and one of them will put them in the pot!. They can help pour things, stir things. Usually they help with the prep then I let them set the table while I finish up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdbrowneyez
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:03 AM
That's a good idea. Thanks!

Quoting MB13:

How about spaghetti.  He can brown ground beef and add it to sauce.  Or if you want to start out easier, have him put frozen meatballs in the sauce to cook.

My son also used to like to make Hamburger Helper.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN