Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Summer already!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

What is everyone doing for the summer?

We are doing a few science experiments, going to some local farms, museums, etc. And of course a lot of swimming and camping. Does anyone have any fun or unique ideas for the summer?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is playing soccer, doing tennis lessons, swimming with friends, and going to a week long overnight camp. 

mommynac
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Farm camp. Maybe a trip to Legoland in California.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
The kids will go to camp and we're going to Boston and Cape Cod for a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
bump

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

IDK, I'm a fly by the seat of my pants type of girl, so I really don't make plans this far in advance.  We will definitely swim a lot since we have a pool of our own, we will definitely go camping since we do that quite a few times every summer, and we will be going on a vacation of some sort in late July or early Aug we are still working on where and when.  My youngest son will be spending a week at Cub Scout day camp in June.  The oldest doesn't want to go to Boy Scout Camp.  The oldest has tennis lessons twice a week during the summer.  I will be working on PTA stuff for next school year, since PTA never takes a break when you are involved at the level that I am.

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM
We have a zoo pass, and a state park pass. We'll spend a lot of time swimming in the lakes and walking around the zoo. Also Cam is in the summer fun program for Sped students, and both of the older kids will go to camp. Mac's school is on a continuous calendar, so he'll be back to school before the end of July.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Spending time outside. Swimming, gardening, and trips to the zoo, theme parks, and festivals.  I also plan to sign up the kids for some summer reading programs at our local library.  The kids will also be playing soccer.

tipstermom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Not have to get out the door on time for school :) 
Each child has a one week camp and swimming lessons, but other than that it will be a lot of waking up and asking "What should we do today?" 

at the beach

Lisa at Tipster Mom
http://tipstermom.blogspot.com/
Follow on FB at Tipster Mom

chinosruca
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I work....so not much. When possible my husband and daughter will surf every free second they can. The waves are good during the summer on this side of the island. I will take Bella to the zoo a lot. It's cheap, close to home and Bella loves it. My daughter is going to Summer Fun so she will be very busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on May. 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM

We have a family reunion in Kansas in June, one in Denver in July and who knows what else.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN