Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What Are Some of Your Pet Peeves?????

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 27 Replies

My biggest pet peeve is when I have taken the time to rinse all of the dirty dishes and put them in the dishwasher and DH comes behind me SEEING that the sink is empty (because he just watched me clean dishes) and puts a dirty dish in the sink and walks away.  Get's me EVERYTIME!!!!!  I'm just like "HELLO, DID YOU REALLY JUST NOT SEE ME CLEAN OUT THE SINK OR ARE YOU PURPOSELY TRYING TO PISS ME OFF"!!!!???? 

So what are some of your pet peeves????

in love               backpack                    baby boy

Married 02/24/05              William                                    Adam

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momamanda
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Mine does the same thing only when he gets it to the sink he rinses it and then leaves it! I'm like "Really it takes just 1 more step to get it into the dishwasher!!!"*insert eyeroll"

Quoting Momof2almost:

My biggest pet peeve is when I have taken the time to rinse all of the dirty dishes and put them in the dishwasher and DH comes behind me SEEING that the sink is empty (because he just watched me clean dishes) and puts a dirty dish in the sink and walks away.  Get's me EVERYTIME!!!!!  I'm just like "HELLO, DID YOU REALLY JUST NOT SEE ME CLEAN OUT THE SINK OR ARE YOU PURPOSELY TRYING TO PISS ME OFF"!!!!???? 

So what are some of your pet peeves????

in love               backpack                    baby boy

Married 02/24/05              William                                    Adam

Momof2almost
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

It must be in the male DNA to half-ass everything.  I don't know?

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Wearing sunglasses inside.  If you can't take them off inside, you have something to hide.

family in the van   Mom of four

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Having to repeat myself when I know what I said was perfectly clear and ANY moron should have been able to figure it out.

People who half-ass things.... we have this guy at karate class who thinks he is hotshit...he wants to progress quickly but cant do the basics. Then he asks for help, but doesn't take your advice. I can't even look at him when he's practicing anymore because it gets me all UGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!   He was asking me to show him some new steps and he can't do the ones he knows now- so per Sensei's rules, I'm not ALLOWED to teach him anymore! Then he gets all pissy LOL

Finally - parents that baby their kids by doing things they are more than capable of..ie: the post last week about feeding your kid lunch at school because he's too distracted...Uggg... or my scout parents who pack their kid's backpacks so the kids 1) can't find anything and 2) it's too dang heavy for them to carry if they wanted to!

Yes....Jinx gets annoyed easily..LOL

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM

People babying their kids.  

People not disciplining their kids and letting them run wild.

People asking stupid questions or making stupid comments about my transracial family (normal comments are fine, I don't get offended if people ask if she's from China or anything like that but comparing me to Angelina Jolie, asking whether I can have "my own", or telling me I'm going to get pregnant now that we adopted (please God - no!)) annoys me to no end.

People chewing with their mouths open or talking with their mouths full.

Whining

orcadarwin
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Lots of them have to do with drivers.  People who don't obey traffic laws annoy me beyond anything else.  

People in the grocery store who stop right in front of you to talk to someone going the other way in the aisle, blocking the aisle for however long their conversation is.  I get aggravated and whip my cart around and go the other way, only to find another couple in the next aisle over doing the same thing.  If you are going to socalize, then at least one of you move over to the other side so people can still get through the aisle.  

People who are oblivious to everyone around them, including their own kids.  The are too busy talking on their phone or talking to someone else to notice that their child is pulling everything off the shelf, or pulling over the chairs, then that person gets upset if you correct their child.  

hriabywx4
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Gum. Not allowed in my house. Lack of table manners. People answering the question they think I'm asking and not the one I'm really asking (really it's ok to admit you don't know)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

When dh leaves the upper cabinet doors open. I'm the tallest one in the family, so I'm the one who's most likely going to bonk my head on it. 

When any cabinet door is left open.

When dh or ds1 channel-surf, they'll leave it on a show just long enough for me to get interested in it, then change the channel. Argh!

GraceHudson
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Gum

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM

My sista.  I completely and totally have these same pet peeves.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Having to repeat myself when I know what I said was perfectly clear and ANY moron should have been able to figure it out.

People who half-ass things.... we have this guy at karate class who thinks he is hotshit...he wants to progress quickly but cant do the basics. Then he asks for help, but doesn't take your advice. I can't even look at him when he's practicing anymore because it gets me all UGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!   He was asking me to show him some new steps and he can't do the ones he knows now- so per Sensei's rules, I'm not ALLOWED to teach him anymore! Then he gets all pissy LOL

Finally - parents that baby their kids by doing things they are more than capable of..ie: the post last week about feeding your kid lunch at school because he's too distracted...Uggg... or my scout parents who pack their kid's backpacks so the kids 1) can't find anything and 2) it's too dang heavy for them to carry if they wanted to!

Yes....Jinx gets annoyed easily..LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)