Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Help. Out of 8 days she went to nurses office 5 times

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies, I could really use some advice.  We recently moved to Nj and in my daughters (1st grade) she was at nurses off 13 times.  In the new school for 8 days she has been there 5 times.  IDk what to do.  Ive talked to her and she says the teacher makes her go when she complains.  She goes for stupid stuff like if she hit her elbow.  Sometimes it is legit. She cries at the littlest things that when something happens (she broke her arm) we didnt take it seriously.  ive told her about the boy who cried wolf and nothing.  She told the nurse today I forgot to keep her home and her tummy hurts.  This morning she left I gave her some meds and she knew she was going to school.  I told her we were going to talk when she gets home.  Any suggestions on what to say?  Should I get angry and to get the point across?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Replies (11-11):
stephsmom05
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I am in Bayonne. I talked with her today and told her that if she keeps goin for non emergencies she is takin time away from a real.emergency of a sick child. They r having a family swim night at school next week n I told her as long as there r no nurse visits we will go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)