Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Summer camp!

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 24 Replies
Are your kids going to sleep-away camp this year? Have they been before or is it their first time? How long does you camp last?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM
My son Mac will be going into 4th grade. This will be his first year at camp. He'll be there for 3 nights.

My DD Cam is autistic. She will be considered a 2nd grader next year even though ahe isn't in a traditional classroom. This will also be her first year at camp. Campers entering 1-2nd grade have a one night camp that a parent comes along with. Because I will be with her Cam will be able to attend this camp with everyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Yes, my son goes to summer camp. This will be his 4th year going. He has been going since he was 7. He will be gone for 11 days this year. He loves going. He has the same session as every year so he is excited to see his summer friends.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:33 PM
My kids go to resident camp each summer ...6 days/5 nights.
This will be DDs second year, and the 3rd time for the boys.

The boys also usually go to Boy scout camp for 6 days/5nights but they are skipping it and going out of state to my inlaws for two months.

I've applied to be a camp director at one of the Hole in the Wall camps for kids with disabilities and lifethreatening diseases. I'm hoping to hear this week :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting Lydlou02:

My son Mac will be going into 4th grade. This will be his first year at camp. He'll be there for 3 nights.

My DD Cam is autistic. She will be considered a 2nd grader next year even though ahe isn't in a traditional classroom. This will also be her first year at camp. Campers entering 1-2nd grade have a one night camp that a parent comes along with. Because I will be with her Cam will be able to attend this camp with everyone else.

That is great. My son goes to a camp for special needs and lower income kids. He has tourettes syndrome, ADHD, and OCD. I hope they love camp.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM

My son is just finishing up 6th grade, which is his last year of elementary.

He's going to an overnight camp that is 6 days/5 nights, and it's focus is hockey. He's gone to overnight camps for the past 4 summers, all for the same length.

He might also do another Boy Scout camp this year. Last year, he had a blast going with his troop.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Not this year but next year I want to go with my DD to a language camp for a week about 3 hours from here

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Quoting BonitaM:

Not this year but next year I want to go with my DD to a language camp for a week about 3 hours from here

Are you talking about a Concordia language camp, or is it by another organizer?

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting BonitaM:

Are you talking about a Concordia language camp, or is it by another organizer?

Yes, I think it is a Concordia language camp.  The name sounds very familiar anyways. 

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 9, 2012 at 1:06 PM

No camps yet for us.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Ds2 (8) and dd (6) are going to day camps (Cub Scout and Girl Scout), but each one has one overnight at the end of the week.

Ds1 (13) will be going to a week of Boy Scout camp- he and dh (asst. Scoutmaster) will be gone for 7 days/6 nights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN