Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Are your kids going to sleep-away camp this year? Have they been before or is it their first time? How long does you camp last?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (21-24):
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBeezandMe
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I will not let my kids go to a sleep-away camp....too many people out there that want to hurt kids for me!!!  And my kids would NEVER stay there so they will be attending a day camp for 6 weeks!

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
But you'll drop them off at day camp and just drive away? And I assume school too? So why not overnight camp? a secure fenced-in facility where all adults have had thorough background checks?

Quoting BaBeezandMe:

I will not let my kids go to a sleep-away camp....too many people out there that want to hurt kids for me!!!  And my kids would NEVER stay there so they will be attending a day camp for 6 weeks!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBeezandMe
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Quoting Lydlou02:

But you'll drop them off at day camp and just drive away? And I assume school too? So why not overnight camp? a secure fenced-in facility where all adults have had thorough background checks?

Quoting BaBeezandMe:

They will go to a summer camp at the B&GC that is staffed by people that have become my personal FRIENDS.  Not that there aren't good overnight camps out there but it's just not a choice I would make for my kids.  I understand background checks but the little girl (I was 8 years old) that was sexually molested doesn't want to hear about that.  Sorry, that's the way I feel.

As far as school goes, legally I can't keep them home so they gotta go to school.  I know their wonderful teachers and they are all awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN