Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Helicopter Parents

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM
  • 2 Replies
I think hubby and I are helicopter parents,we just have our 10 year old dd, i have to be with her and know her every move! To me she is still a child. Imteachong her about the world good and bad. Im so over protective! Is this wrong?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
If you are asking, you probably already know the answer. I saw an interview recently with a psychologist that had just written a book about the negative effects of hovering. One of the things she recommended was to make decisions as if you had 6 children to raise. Don't hyper focus on one and truthfully if you have multiple children, then you know that you simply have to have some trust and confidence in your kids to make good decisions without you.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

We beat this horse dead last week..I'd look up the old thread and see whatyou think after reading it....

http://www.cafemom.com/group/41/forums/read/16499879/Helicopter_Parents_related_to_another_post_reply_why_do_you_care

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)