Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Breakfast - Do they get it or do you?

Posted by   + Show Post

In the morning, what do they normally have for breakfast and do you prepare it or do they?

May is National Foster Care Month!

CHANGE A LIFETIME

by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM
They eat at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on May. 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Usually my oldest gets it himself depending on what it is though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM
They egt cereal every day (unless they ask for eggs or pancakes in advance so I can make they're moving on time). I get it for them, usually when they're finishing up upstairs so when they come down it's ready and we don't lose time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on May. 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM
During the week it's cereal or toast and the older three can fix it themselves. Sundays I cook a big breakfast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Cereal, toast or bagels. They all get their own cereal, and the 12 & 8 year olds get their own toast/bagel. I get those for my 5 year old. 8 year old loves oatmeal and can make it himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jewelsmama528
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I get the microwave blueberry pancakes and microwave sausages. She has a good filling breakfast that takes a little over a minute to make. I make it for her with butter and sugar free syrup. If she doesn't want that, which its what she usually wants, she wants cerel or oatmeal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

mornings here are chaos so durring the week its cereal and since they tend to dump it on the floor dh gets it for them. trying to get 3 school age boys and a girl out the door for school is hard enough with 30mins to do so but add in the 18mo who eats at the same time? its almost impossible to do anything but cereal

huskermom98
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I have to help in some way or another, but that's mostly because of how our kitchen is set up--they can't reach the cereal.  I also wouldn't trust my 7yo to pour the milk from a more-than half full gallon of milk anyway.  But really most mornings the boys want either frozen waffles or pancakes with Nutella and while they can do almost all of that themselves, they haven't mastered spreading the Nutella so I have to help...not to mention they'd probably eat half of the container if I wasn't standing right there!

Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
They have been getting their own breakfast since they were about 5. Mostly cereal or granola bars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vixen42
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I cook it since they pack their lunch I want them too have a warm healthy breakfast

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN