Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Really hating the age 7.

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 20 Replies

I feel like i have a mini teenager!! she is mouthy, disrespectful, doesn't listen, and thinks she is the boss. I can't get her to keep her room clean I am just about ready to throw everything ready!!! I am at my wits end!! she is a good kid usually  but once she turned 7 she became  ms attitude. also i am concered because when she is in trouble or mess up something simple she hits herself in the head and yells i am so dumb!! i wish i wasn't stupid I keep telling her to stop and that she is not stupid and she is very smart but it doesn't stop. is anyone else having trouble with there 7 yrs old?any suggestions would be great thank you.

by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always thought 7 was the worst age. Of course, now that I have a 13 y/o, I can see that it was just a preview ; )

I let the condition of their rooms go a bit. One of those "pick your battles" things: as long as they have a clear path from the door to their bed and to the window, I'm good w/ it. Of course, I also give them no sympathy when they complain they can't find something. You have to decide how important that particular issue is to you.

As for everything else, make sure you're consistent w/ the discipline and hang in there. It's not easy, but they do eventually get the message and shape up.

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM

If you aren't liking this age, I won't tell you how the age 12 goes!

family in the van   Mom of four

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I'm going through the same thing with my 7 y/o ds. I'm about to do a behavior chart for him and based on that chart he will lose privileges or get new ones.

aetrom
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 3:21 AM
My son is nearly 7 and it hit us at 6. Anyway, the room we solved easy, he cleans it daily and tells me when he is done I check and anything on the floor gets confiscated and he has to earn it back. He know keeps his room clean but he has quite a bit to earn back. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephadams1107
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:49 AM
This sounds very much like my house!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittles2011
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM

uggg i know exactly how you feel. my son turned 7 on 2/14 and every thing has been a struggle with him.

bugdoodle313
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Sorry, Im not any help, my dd just turned 7 and I am having the same issues.

hplesha
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM
My son is 7 now. Doesn't ever want to clean, doesn't listen, does the same things he isn't supposed to every day.. ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laylabugsmom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Hi everyone I am really glad to know i am not the only one going through the terrible 7's!! but also sorry to hear....wish there was something we could do to make them listen!!! thanks for everyone comments.

hugs

vermontmoms
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
All I have to say is the odd years have been killers. Terrible twos didn't happen but the threes sent us over the edge...4s were pretty good - 5s were tough. 7 was the same...attitude, learned bad words etc... But we survived. Now we are nearing 9 in a month and I can already see it changing again for the worse.

All I can say is discipline, charts, or whatever she will respond to...b/c with each passing year it is getting worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN