Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me about your last vacation...

by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Our last vacation was 3 years ago.  We went on a one month long roadtrip to Texas and back.  We stopped in each state along the way and travelled through quite a bit of southern Texas.  It was the best trip I've ever taken and it got DH to like travelling.  Definitely plan on doing much more of that once we get our finances in better condition.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Our last vacation was a month long road trip last summer. Highlights include Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Craters of the Moon, Yosemite, my uncle's place in Los Angeles, Joshua Tree, Carlsbad Caverns and a friend's ranch.

We leave on Friday for the ranch, then a couple of days in Albuqueque to see an eclipse.

momof754
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Other than our day trips to the zoo or lake, we haven't been on a real vacation yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chinosruca
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:13 PM
The last real vacation I took was when I was a kid. Disneyland. We stayed at the hotel. Don't remember how long we stayed. I was about 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Last trip was at Easter to Ohio to see family.
Before that, Rochester ny at Xmas time to see family.
Before that, last summer we did six weeks through Vermont , new Hampshire, Maine, mass. I loved Vermont and Maine, mass...not so much.

This summer we are doing six weeks, Atlanta, Orlando, new Orleans and smokey mountains.
My kids can't wait to see the whale shark at Atlanta aquarium, swim with dolphins in Orlando, and they have never been to new Orleans so they can't wait to go there.
In September I am taking my seven year old, solo to Disney for a week.

In may of next year my husband is taking my older two to England and Ireland.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Our last little vacation trip was over Spring Break. Dh had the week off. We went down to visit his dad (1st time we'd been to fil's house) near Cincinnati. Ds had a blast riding on the tractor and lawn mower with Grandpa. Fil made amazing pork chops and mac & cheese for dinner. He gave us Easter baskets and 2 3ds games for ds. Ds loved the 84 inch flatscreen tv. Then ds, dh and I drove to a hotel near Columbus. Did a little shopping and swimming, and went to the Columbus zoo.

Last big vacation was a couple years ago. Sil's friend had a time share near Orlando and he let her have a week for really cheap. The resort was amazing. Dh couldn't go because of work, so I drove down with sil, mil, my mom and my ds. One of the resort's pools was closed for renovation that week so we got all activities free...build a bear, coloring shirts and hats, mini golf, etc. Awesome. We also got some free drink coupons. There were still at least 4 other pools open, plus we had fun on the beach. The day after we got there, it was Mother's Day...mil and sil went "out" but wouldn't say where. They went to the airport to pick up dh! He flew down to surprise me. (and I had to sit in a car with my inlaws?! not fair!). We saw a shuttle launch and went to Disney. The week was really fun, even though the inlaws were lame...didn't wanna do anything. The ride home sucked because sil got lost TWICE...she didn't believe mil when she said we were going the wrong way. We went HOURS out of our way, ended up spending a horrid night at a crappy motel, and were all exhausted and crabby. Mil had the worst gas on the way home and kept trying to blame it on ds, saying maybe he pooped himself (he was 4 and didn't do that anymore!). Dh, of course, flew home....the big jerk! :-)

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM

We went to Virginia to Kings Dominion for Easter. It was a BLAST!!!

MommyJDTJ
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

we went to lego land for my older ds 4th birthday. we also visited sea world and down town san deigo. My boys loved it. We went with my cousin (who is more of an aunt/mom figure) and her fiancee in their motor home. 

CafeMom Tickers  

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

vlester
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM

it was a nice getaway to Mrtyle Beach, SC and i just needed a quick escape. I need a vacation now

MeggieLee22
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I haven't had a vacation in about 10 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)