Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where has the best school uniforms for young girls.

Posted by   + Show Post

Izzy starts an IB magnet school in the fall and they wear hunter green or red polos and khaki, navy, or gray skirts/skorts, shorts, pants or jumpers. I went to private schools but they had real uniforms and specific companies you had to buy from. I was wondering wear those of you who have kids that wear uniforms get them from. I want then to look cute and be good quality but also maybe some places that have cheaper prices for some back up polos for cheap to stock up. Usually we get Izzy's clothes at Children's place, Kohls, old navy, target, Gymboree, etc. She is a talk five year old and skinny.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
HairClipQueen
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

We do Gymboree and Crazy8 when they are on sale.

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:51 AM

lands end is a good place for uniforms.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Ds1 needed a uniform at his old school for K and 1st grade- khaki or navy pants, white, light blue, navy, or hunter green polos, sweaters in those colors on really cold days, and plain white tennis shoes (yeah, try finding that in little kid sizes- not easy!). I got most of his at Target and Once Upon A Child. I'd also go to the school's "garage sale"- people would bring in their kids' outgrown uniforms and you could buy them cheaper.

gracie0221
by Gracie on May. 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I have bought from Gymboree, old navy and Jcpenney. I would say Jcpenney was the best. They sell the Izod brand and we bought red and white ones and the red ones have not faded at all and I washed the heck out of those shirts,lol. they are still in good condition for next year. The old navy faded really quick, so I won't be buying uniform shirts(unless they are white) from there again. oh I bought her pants/shorts/skirts from Target and old navy. they both held up quite good.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Wal-Mart has great deals on Polos... same with JCPenny

natesmom1228
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Lands End has great ones. Also Target

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM

This isn't related to your uniform question because my son doesn't have them.

But my son is starting an IB school in the fall too. It's junior high, and so it's a middle year program. Is Izzy's school a younger program or also a middle year program? I'm hoping the experience goes well because I'm hoping my son will continue interest in the IB program throughout high school.

MB13
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I always thought that Target had a really good quality polo for $5-8, but that was several years ago.Theirs were much thicker than those at WalMart or some other stores.

ProudMamma1982
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Frenchtoast.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Her's is a younger program but I know some kids in the middle program and they really enjoy it. And of course the academics are amazing.

Quoting Barabell:

This isn't related to your uniform question because my son doesn't have them.

But my son is starting an IB school in the fall too. It's junior high, and so it's a middle year program. Is Izzy's school a younger program or also a middle year program? I'm hoping the experience goes well because I'm hoping my son will continue interest in the IB program throughout high school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)