Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My 9yo...the delinquent...

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've been over & over this with him about rock throwing. He was over his *friends* & apparently they were throwing rocks at moving cars. His punishment is harsh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyJDTJ
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM

sorry you have to deal with that. Hopefully he will learn from it

incognito116
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM

That sucks :( I have a 9 year old son who doesn't always make the best choices.  I feel like every time I tell him NOT to do something ( and the reason why) it makes him want to do it even more.  What was his punishment?

melissa632
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM
He's grounded for 2 weeks. No playstation, no friends. He is going to learn what it is to clean. I am going to make him write sentences...not how many yet. If he thought he hated me before (obviously I've been too easy), he's really gonna hate me now. He could've caused a major accident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2grls1711
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I think I might take up your punishment for my 8 year old who is loving to steal things and claim them as hers and getting into things that dont belong to her

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM

That punishment is definitely appropriate, and I hope he learns his lesson from it.

I'm also relieved that no one was hurt this time.

:(

M4LG5
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Quoting melissa632:

He's grounded for 2 weeks. No playstation, no friends. He is going to learn what it is to clean. I am going to make him write sentences...not how many yet. If he thought he hated me before (obviously I've been too easy), he's really gonna hate me now. He could've caused a major accident.

Show him this article:

http://autoholics.com/2011/08/31/Kid-Throwing-Rocks-At-Cars-Gets-Shot-With-Crossbow-565223

Not only can he hurt someone, but someone can go after HIM and he may not like what happens.

May is National Foster Care Month!

CHANGE A LIFETIME

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM

A few years ago, I was in Germany where my dad was stationed.  3 American boys were on an overpass, dropping rocks.  They caused a huge accident and the death of a young mother.  In addition to that the relations between the locals and the Americans were so strained we couldn't leave housing except to got the base for quite awhile.  Those boys were taken by the German authorities to be jailed and tried.  I never heard what happened from there.

natesmom1228
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I hope he learned his lesson. That is not something to fool around with.

tinabella43
by New Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

wow that is serious, the punismnent should be very harsh , i think everyone handles their kids differently, i think a sit down , talk out the problem , then in our house his butt would feel the heat lol, the message is clear then, he would understand it was no joke also , just my opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)