Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Bullying at school

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, I might be overreacting, but...

Last week one girl told my second grader that she hates her. I spoke with the teacher and she told that it was merely misunderstanding after speaking with the girls.

This week that the same girl offered all other girl in the classroom get rid of my girl , and told her to 'shut her blowhole' aka stop speaking. This time I wrote to the teacher and to the principal, but I know that they won't do much, may be just formally answer me.

I teach my girl to ignore them, to kill them with kindness, but she unfortunately cannot get any help from the adults.

Any advise? Thank you

by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Write the superintendent and/or school board members, and include copies of the letters you've sent to the teacher and principal.

mommynac
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I would wait to hear from them first, and ask them what they plan to do. If you're still not satisfied, I might tell the teacher and the principal that you have considered contacting Mr. and Mrs. So-n-so (parents of the other child) to discuss this and would it be a good idea? DS was bullied at school (as were other kids, by the same kid), I did this and the situation changed (they were more responsive). Good luck.

Mama2ETA
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM
After 2 incidents, I would dowhat you are doing and wait for a response
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

The drama in 2nd grade is unbelievable. We actually ended up pulling my DD last week because it was too much and her anxiety levels were skyhigh because of it.  You're not likely to get a lot of help, I'm afraid.  I'd really work with her about choosing friends and how to deal with/ignore the mean things the girls say.

Fairywings1223
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

We had a similar situation with some kids on the school bus and had to go to the school board to get it taken care of.

Quoting Barabell:

Write the superintendent and/or school board members, and include copies of the letters you've sent to the teacher and principal.

Jennifer Wife to Shaun 2-28-00 Mom to Alexus 2-13-06, Elizabeth 8-30-03, Domanic 6-30-02,Whitney 8-10-01, Mac 10-19-99, Macayla 12-29-98 

MicMac
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM

My daughter is also in 2nd grade and then end of the year cant come fast enough.  Unfortunatly the fickle friends/enemies live on our street.   She was bumrushed by 4 girls at the end of the street and accused of being the bully. However, 2 boys who were playing with my son said different.  It is so sad, and you can only tell them what to ignore, be strong and be better then them.  Ive notified the school teacher but it hasnt done much.  I plan on keeping my girl active this summer and hopefully this will not continue into 3rd grade.

ganna04
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Ok. The teacher reacted in such a way that this girl is for sure continue to do what she did before. The teacher and the principal simply told that there is no eveidence of the abuse, whoever told might just lie. That other girl left SO empowerful...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)