Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare transporting to school next year

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter starts kindergarden in the fall and will be riding in a van from daycare to the school.  She's only 37 lbs.  I asked if I needed to get her a booster seat for daycare and was told that the booster wasn't required but I could provide one b/c it's school transportation.  I'm going to get her a seat.  Just wonder if anyone else uses a booster in a daycare van?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 16, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Sorry, no experience with this.

My son did go to before and after school care in kindergarten, but the school bussed to the care. He didn't need a booster for the school bus.

Here's a BUMP.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I take my son to school but my nephew does take the daycare van and DOES use a booster.

natesmom1228
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Here is a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parkerkamismom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM

My kids both ride the bus from daycare to school, no van. So, no boosters needed.

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I would get him one if that was the case... but he rides the school bus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM

My kids also catch the school bus to and from my daycare providers home.  So boosters aren't an issue since school buses don't even have seat belts.  However, when my kids were ages 1 and 3, they were with a different dcp for a short time who had to drive other kids places so my kids rode along in the van.  At that age they had to have appropriate carseats, but my dcp provided the carseats herself so I didn't have to provide them.

That said, I say if you feel a booster is in her best interests, then I say get her a booster.

momlorac
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM

My dd went to preschool on a bus she was 30 lbs if that. She rode on the bus without one. My other dd is special needs and had a carseat on the bus. She started at 3 and was 23 lbs. She stayed in the carseat for a few yaers mainly because I knew she would unbuckle herself with a saet belt and walk around the bus. both you and her will feel safer with the boster saet so I would say go for it.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:13 PM

DD didn't need a seat for her school bus either.  Ds will be going to full day Kindergarten next year and will be taking the bus.  He can't wait. Riding the school bus is all he talks about.

andrea96
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Both daycares we have used since my daughter started school use buses, so she never used a booster.

corrinacs
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 4:13 PM

My child is NOT in your situatino (yet) but he does attend daycare.  ANd the older children in the before/after school program are doing just this.

Quoting Barabell:

Sorry, no experience with this.

My son did go to before and after school care in kindergarten, but the school bussed to the care. He didn't need a booster for the school bus.

Here's a BUMP.

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)