Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Zoo Trip would you let your dd go? * UPDATE*

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:00 AM
  • 50 Replies

My daughter was asked by her friends family( dad & friend) to go to the zoo with them. She is 10 years old. The zoo is 150 miles away and it is this Saturday. They get out of school tomorrow.

I like the dad alot. I trust him. I just don't know about that far away. I always hear about kids that die doing something right after school is out.

Would you let your daughter go?

*****Update*****
I talked to the dad & he said he is taking a lady friend along and wanted someone to go with his daughter. I asked all kinds of questions and feel very comfortable letting her go with them. I still am on the fence about the 150 miles but I know they will have a great time.

Thanks to all the ladies who responded to help me make my decision to let her go. 

by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommythree0508
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you go too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Quoting mommythree0508:

Why don't you go too?

They are going as a family. I think it would be weird to me anyway to go with another Man other then my dh.

mommythree0508
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:28 AM
I don't think I would be comfortable with my daughter going that far with anyone but family. However,on the other hand,when I was in 5th grade,my mom let me go on vacation with my best friend and her family to Branson. We live in Louisiana so it was a long trip.
How well do you know him? Is it just him and the girls going?

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Quoting mommythree0508:

Why don't you go too?

They are going as a family. I think it would be weird to me anyway to go with another Man other then my dh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelles
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:47 AM

If it were just the dad and the two girls going I would say no...I don't care how well I know a man he would not be taking my child that far away by himself!

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:52 AM

If I knew them well, I'd let her go.  

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 6:56 AM
3 moms liked this
If I knew them well, as in they do sleepovers, kid swap, hangout a lot...yes.

If it was someone I said hi to in the hallway at school now and again...no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:42 AM

I would. Some of my best trips were with my best friend's family. They even took me for a week up to their cabin 9 hours away (I lived) when I was around your dds age.

If you like and trust the family, and don't plan on making the trip to that zoo this summer, I would let her go. Sometimes families ask a friend along to help their own child have more fun by bringing a friend.

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Depends on well I really knew them. Does your dd have a cell phone? If not maybe she could take yours or your hubs... that way you can directly call her and she can call you to check in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairywings1223
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:33 AM

It would depend on how well I knew the family she would be going with.

Jennifer Wife to Shaun 2-28-00 Mom to Alexus 2-13-06, Elizabeth 8-30-03, Domanic 6-30-02,Whitney 8-10-01, Mac 10-19-99, Macayla 12-29-98 

poietes
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
At 10 yes I would let her go. Just getting out of school has nothing to do with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)