Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Oh, heck NO! NO WAY, NO HOW!

Posted by   + Show Post

428726_409322415751685_100000217891353_1785012_1247540632_n.jpg

This is my 9 year old daughter! My niece & her were playing with makeup & a flat iron.

No, she never left the house like this. She knows better (& so does my niece). I just can't believe how grown up she looks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
PinkieRed
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Same thing with my youngest sister. She doesn't wear makeup, never really did, and she doesn't even carry a purse. The last time I recall seeing her wear makeup was at her wedding, 4 years ago.

Quoting jenesis915:

I never went through a make up thing ... still don't wear any

Quoting familyof5now:

She is beautiful and I think all girls at this age think about make-up.

reesesami
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
She's so beautiful!

And I know how you feel, my daughter is 8 and I recently took a few pictures of her after we played with makeup. She looked so grown up! I swear, it was like I was seeing her in high school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof754
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 12:59 AM

This is my nine year old last week right before the mother daughter look alike contest. She has on lip gloss but with her hair done she looks older as well. So i feel for ya momma. Btw, i agree with the pp that said letting her experiment with it will make her less likely to wear it or sneak to wear it. And your little girl is beautiful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cambriagurlmom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:45 AM

We just had my girls for new years eve so I decided to do hair and make up. My daughter who is 5 looked like she was 30. All the females in my family are like that with make up if we just put a little eyeliner on with lipgloss we look like hookers. I sent a pic to her father and he completly freaked out lol

natesmom1228
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM

She is beautiful without makeup. The hair is cute

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

She is very pretty. I have those moments with my son too where all the sudden I look at him and think he's growing up way too fast!

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Your DD is a very pretty young girl!  I put make up on my DDs (7 and 9) for fun...never allowed to leave the house with it on.  They get curious watching me do mine, so I will show them how to apply it and put some on them if we aren't going anywhere.  They love it...it is a little bonding time :)  I also think that if I show them HOW to put it on, maybe they will learn how to apply it so that when the time comes when I allow them to wear it out, they won't go too heavy with it ;)

Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM
She is beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizyari
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Wow!!! They did a great job!!! She's beautiful :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on May. 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM

They  did a good job with the makeup.  My daughter is 12 and can't do makeup that good!

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)