Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

For the moms with daughters....

If any of your dd's r into princesses or tinkerbell how did u get them into them?

That girl is my life,my world and my everything she is also my best friend..I <3 her to death! I forward face,give her vit d milk,i let her watch what she wants..

by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (41-47):
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I'm big on the whole disney princess thing so since she was a baby she's been seeing disney princess stuff and my sisters get her tinkerbell stuff too.  I'm not a big tinkerbell fan though.

CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM

It all started with Cinderella a few months before my daughter turned 4.  It's kind of funny, but DD wasn't as crazy about Cinderella as she was about the wicked stepmother and stepsisters.  She was just fascinated with them and even told a TSA agent at the airport, who was examining her boarding pass, that her name was Drizella (one of the stepsisters).  DD flat out refused to acknowledge her real name.  The TSA agent really started scrutinizing me at that point to make sure DD really belonged with me.  I explained everything and eventually we were cleared, but I was really worried for a few minutes.

One bit of advice - don't let your daughter watch Sleeping Beauty until she's a little older, especially if she's sensitive at all.  I had never seen Sleeping Beauty and made the mistake of letting my daughter watch it at 4 1/2 and she was terrified for about 5-6 months every night at bedtime that Maleficent was going to come in her room.  DD's almost 6 now and she's finally okay with watching Sleeping Beauty again, but only as long as mommy or daddy sits with her.

DD got into Tinker Bell when she got one of the Tinker Bell movies as a gift (Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue).  It's a cute movie.  There's a new Tinker Bell movie coming out on DVD later this year and I'm sure DD will be excited to see it too.

our3
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM

My oldest DD is not into anything girly but thata fine with me I am not going to force her into something she's not. My youngest DD is all about girly things which is fine too, because thats what she is like.

If your DD isnt into them I wouldnt push it. If you think she may like it then let her watch a Tinker bell cartoon or buy her a toy and see if she likes them. If she does ok then she does, if she doesnt then she doesnt it.

kathynej7142007
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM

My dd is now almost 10yrs old. But when she was younger. She loves fairies, princess and tinkerbell. Than when she was about 8- 8 1/2yrs old she came to me and said give these things to someone else, I am too old for them. She liked those things for about 2yrs.

wemdsd6
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Nope, my almost 7 year old girl does not like girly things.............LOL.

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 5:20 PM

They like them some, but are also into lots of other things

pookienbobosmom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM

My youngest DD (2) is a huge girly girl. She wants everything pink purple & princess. For her 1st birthday everyone got her the pink Fisher Price stuff and I think that's what started it but the rest she just picked up and it's stuck. Now she really wants a princess room for her 3rd bday this summer..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN