Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Sure I'll wait why you go fight someone! *piog

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
  • 32 Replies

I walked with my sister to pick her girls up from school this afternoon. There is always a long line of cars in the "loop" to get their kids. This boy comes out, walks up to I am assuming his grandmother's van and says "I got to go beat some kid up" ( I didn't catch the name.) The grandma says "Ok" and the kid took off.

I turned around and looked at my sister like did that really just happen? Sure enough the kid goes running up to this other kid (who was much bigger than him even lol) and says something to him. The other kid says "Not on school grounds" and the first kid called him a pussy. Then they were talking about meeting somewhere at 4:30pm to fight.

WTF? If your kid, or grand kid, came up and said they were about to go fight someone would you sit there and wait? Or try and stop it? These are elementary school kids!!!

Don't get wrong, I will teach my kids they are allowed to defend themselves but they sure as hell are not going to be the ones starting the fights!

by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaeD
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

We have the standard rule of don't start it but defend yourself but OMG I wouldve been telling that kid get your butt in  here its time to leave. Youre not starting anything

barefootmommi
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
That's where I grab the back of his shirt n say like hell u r
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Did you report it to the school? I would have gotten the kids info from grandma and reported it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:38 AM
That is crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:13 AM

No, I would never let that happen, but maybe you just misunderstood the circumstances, only got part of the story, like I know a group of boys in my town that take karate and they meet up to have karate fights with each other, no one gets hurt, its all in fun.

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:22 AM

Quoting barefootmommi:

That's where I grab the back of his shirt n say like hell u r

auroragold
by on May. 22, 2012 at 6:01 AM

wow ---people continue to amaze me

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

surprised   And where were the teachers during this? They're usually trying to hussle everyone through the line so it keeps moving, not letting some kid go up to his car then take off somewhere else. . .

LadyBear1
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this

OMG!  I would have grabbed my kid and forced him into my truck and chewed him a new one!  Fighting isn't allowed by me unless it is in self-defense....period!  And I probably would have called the school on my cell immediately and reported the issue myself just to be clear that this wasn't going to happen either.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Quoting wakymom:

surprised   And where were the teachers during this? They're usually trying to hussle everyone through the line so it keeps moving, not letting some kid go up to his car then take off somewhere else. . .

How can you possibly blame the teachers for this!?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN