Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Go to school until the last day of school even though they aren't doing anything? I made mine go to the last day even though they thought it was torture LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
littleacorn
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Sort of...we homeschool, so there is never a "school day" that they don't do anything. It is either a school day and they do schoolwork, or it is not a school day and they don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2BBboys0509
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

My kids don't miss school unless they are burning hot or have some kind of liquid coming out of their mouth or butt lol.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 22, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Yes because usually they are still doing something. It's better than him staying home and doing nothing.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

However, my son's graduation is on June 7th, but the last day of school is June 8th. I have taken that day off, and I'll let him stay home if he chooses to since he would be officially done with elementary school. My guess is he'll want to have one last day with his school friends though...

Mommy_Jenx3
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Yes. Last day is June 7th here. My 3rd grader is still doing work. Between both kids, they have 4 field trips to go on. Field day is the last day.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Nope- but we homeschool - whenever they finish theirbooks, they are done for the year.

2girlsYES
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Of course - every day.
My DD is in kindergarten & her last day is this Thursday & it's only a half day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AGHHHHMommy
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Yes the longer they can go the btter...LOL...  better for my sanity...LOL...  They all want to go they all have fun stuff going on everyday this week Tomorrow my 2 nd grader they are haveing FrOG races...

CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM

DD has 3 more full days of school and 3 half days.  She will absolutely be going every day unless she gets sick.  She's actually looking forward to the last few days of school because they're doing all kinds of fun things.  They're going to have Pajama Day and they get to bring in all kinds of things from home (pillow, flashlight, books, electronic games, toys, etc.).  They're also going to have Splash Day (sprinklers, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc.) and Movie and Popcorn Day.

mgm_5
by Mari on May. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Usually the last day is a day of fun, so yes, they want to go ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN