Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being sick and being mom don't mix

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

I pushed through having a virus so I could be supermom and now I have bronchitis and vertigo. My doc wants me in bed for a couple of days. DH is off tonight so I can rest and my dad is driving the kids to and from school but UGH this blows.

How do you handle being on 'bedrest' with kids?

by on May. 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momamanda
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I'm not good at it! haha! I'm to hard on myself. Even when I am sick I push myself to take care of my family

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM
What pp said. Ive got reacurring bronchitus,.this time ive had it33 days,.woke up minday and my ear wad clogged. Ive.been super sick. But am just now at the urgent care. And then back to pto biz q:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PixieButtercup
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I had a kidney stone about 2 years ago and my husband was able to take 3 days off of work to take care of the kids. Thank God he was able to do that because I've never felt that sick or been in so much pain in my entire life. 

I hope you feel better soon! 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM

One of the advantages of dh being retired- I just had everything over to him.

When dh was working, I just did the bare minimum and relied on ds1 to help a lot. There was one time- and only one time- when I actually called ds1 in sick to school so he could stay home and help w/ his brother and sister (he was 4th gr at the time, his siblings about 4 y/o and 2 y/o); I had a stomach/intestinal bug that had me beyond miserable.

ShaeD
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Quoting mommaFruFru:

What pp said. Ive got reacurring bronchitus,.this time ive had it33 days,.woke up minday and my ear wad clogged. Ive.been super sick. But am just now at the urgent care. And then back to pto biz q:-)

I've never had bronchitis before and I feel like I'm dying eveytime I breathe. Does it normally last that long?

Mom2mylilgirlz
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Round here? Pshhhh...wouldnt happen unless i was in the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I don't think I could.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM
For me yes. I get it atleadt 1 time a year, for the p ast 9 years.... And meds are usless, espically amtibiotics, they jyst make it resistant

Quoting ShaeD:

Quoting mommaFruFru:

I've never had bronchitis before and I feel like I'm dying eveytime I breathe. Does it normally last that long?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by Janita on May. 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It is rough but try not be supermom take advance of the help. I hope you feel better soon.

LucyHarper
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I do what I can and my husband takes care of the rest, if he needs to work while I need to rest, he finds someone to come help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)