Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Did I over step.

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 6 Replies

My hubby and his brother got in to a huge fight over email because my brother in law tends to be a user and spend other people's money so basicly my hubby told him this that he loves him and wants to work on it but that it makes him mad and he needs to get ahold of his actions well they have only known each other for like 3 years and only spent maybe a year together . Well his brother and him are very very stubborn and prideful well his brother said he was done he doesn't want to deal with this stuff anymore Well we are offically getting married on the 2nd of june just at the court house . SO I emailed him and told him I don't want to get to deep in to it but I hope he will just show up to the wedding even if they don't talk and than he explained his side I told him they are brothers and just walking away isn't really a good choice and shouldn't be a tool used. And that they are very much alike yet VERY different my hubby is very serious and his brother is all over the place and says whatever comes to mind. SO they need to figure each other out but to not miss the wedding and cause a very more serious problem between them. He agreed but my Hubby is so pissed he thinks I over stepped even though they would be to stubborn to try and work this out on their own he even told his gf he wasn't going to respond or read my hubby's emails so I was able to get in there and talk him down a bit AND we are pretty close so shouldn't I be able to have a family relationship with him and deal with this I know my hubby doesn't want this he voiced it he wants to work it out but if he was rejected by his brother which he would have been he would have let it all go and that would be that. 

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
henzel3
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicoal4
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

BUMP

nicoal4
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Bump

cmfarm
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I think maybe you did. If he has only been in your husbands life for 3 years, and not that involved in that time what does it matter if he comes to your wedding? I would let your husband work this out on his own. I have family members that use people and know how frustrating it can be. If your husband is okay with not seeing him (maybe with time things will work out) then I would just let it be.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM

If you didn't talk to your SO before calling his brother, I think you did over step some.

mom23musketeerz
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM

While I understand your reasons, and I admire your wanting to keep "family togetherness and peace", I feel that it really wasn't your call to do what you had. This is between them. Not them and you. And in the end, you are the one that will be caught in the middle.

There's a time to step in, and a time to not. This was a "not" situation that they have to work out on their own.

I don't EVER get between my husband and his two siblings in a falling out, unless THEY drag me in to it first. Then, it's "all bets are off".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)