Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What are your kids reading?

Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 64 Replies

I usually ask what the moms are reading but I am curious to find out what the kids are reading. Thanks to kmtigger and steel crazy(I dont remember who recommend book sorry) they recommend Big Nate and my son loves it after pulling his leg to read it.  A couple days ago he show me the book and he told me it is a great book.  My son is seven and in second grade. How old is your child and what are they reading right now or what are you reading to your child/children.

by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamacalifornia
by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Right now my ds 7yrs in 1st grade is reading The Puppy Place books, my dd 8yrs 4th grade is reading a book in the American Girl series

PinkieRed
by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM
My 9 year son lately loves the Bad Kitty series of books (I do too!). He also likes the Magic Tree House books.

My 14 year old daughter and I like many of the same books. She and I both recently read a memoir called "Breaking Night" by Liz Murray (the Lifetime movie, "Homeless to Harvard" was based on the book). We both loved it.

Right now she's reading another memoir, which I read a few years ago, called "Unafraid of the Dark", by Rosemary Bray. That's a good book, too.

She also likes teen books like the Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game series.

When my daughter was younger, she also liked the Big Nate books, the Dear Dumb Diary books (those are funny) and the Captain Underpants books. Oh, and also the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imafuswb
by Member on May. 27, 2012 at 7:58 PM

The Boy (will be 6 in a few weeks) is reading the Horrible Harry books.  It's his new favorite series.  Before that was Captain Underpants.  Lol!  :)

kksmomma1019
by Member on May. 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My 6yo son is in kindergarten, he likes the Magic Tree House series.
KellyR80
by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:06 PM

My 13 year old is reading The Hunger Games. My 9 year old is reading one of the American Girl books and my 7 year ols if reading Diary Of A Wimpy Kids. 

Taviesmommy
by New Member on May. 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD is 7. She is getting into the Bad Kitty books too. She likes Skippy Jon Jones also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chris13
by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM

my girls are 8 - they just finished the abridged classics - moby dick and secret garden. they loved them. they read several other abridged classics and are looking for more.  Fiona  also enjoys the magic tree house series . she has read up to book 42 and we need to go to the library for the rest. Catriona would not read the the fiction series but read all the fact trackers for magic tree house. Fiona also recommends Charlotte's web, stuart  little, trumpet of the swan, and the mouse and the motorcycle. 

Catriona plans to read Strawberry Girl next. Fiona has made noises about reading Wizard of OZ, not the abridged version.  

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

My son is reading a bugs life book someone gave him. Well, I'm reading it to him. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

All the kids love Bad Kitty. It is kind of funny. 

Janita, I was going to suggest all the ones I highlighted. Kids who like Big Nate usually like all those series. 

Quoting PinkieRed:

My 9 year son lately loves the Bad Kitty series of books (I do too!). He also likes the Magic Tree House books.

My 14 year old daughter and I like many of the same books. She and I both recently read a memoir called "Breaking Night" by Liz Murray (the Lifetime movie, "Homeless to Harvard" was based on the book). We both loved it.

Right now she's reading another memoir, which I read a few years ago, called "Unafraid of the Dark", by Rosemary Bray. That's a good book, too.

She also likes teen books like the Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game series.

When my daughter was younger, she also liked the Big Nate books, the Dear Dumb Diary books (those are funny) and the Captain Underpants books. Oh, and also the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books too.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Your son might also like the Bone series. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)