Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Ortho - expander

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

Did you child have to get an expander? How much was it? My dd;s dentist is referring my dd to an ortho for a consult b/c she says he teeth are coming in too crowded. Anything I should know about this "phase 1"?

by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM

DD needs one but we haven't done it yet.

Estimated cost TO US is just under two thousand

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Holy heartbeats.

ashandryzmom
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Both my older kids have had them. The ortho cements it in. You have a "key" to turn it. Mine were once a day for 18 days. Cost was $1800, insurance covered 1/2 of it for each kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitmomoftwo
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM
My dd had an expander and now has six braces on the top teeth, it cost us 4600 for everything, not sure how much just the expander was. For her it was a necessity, she was having trouble biting and chewing, a horrible expense though. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashandryzmom
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I should add that both had braces on the top teeth a couple months after having the expander put in and they both wore them a little over a year. The price I said included this plus retainers and any after care until Phase 2.

Quoting ashandryzmom:

Both my older kids have had them. The ortho cements it in. You have a "key" to turn it. Mine were once a day for 18 days. Cost was $1800, insurance covered 1/2 of it for each kid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kameka
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:38 PM
My oldest needs it but we haven't gotten her in yet. She has anxiety problems and loses it when she anticipates pain. She's getting tons better but we want to give her a bit more time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadensMommy813
by on May. 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I'm not sure about the cost but I had it when I was younger and I thank God I did. I can see my kids needing it one day as well.

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM
same here. even tho it hurt soooo bad! and had to have my wisdom teeth extracted before they came in so it wouldn't reverse everything that was done.

Quoting CadensMommy813:

I'm not sure about the cost but I had it when I was younger and I thank God I did. I can see my kids needing it one day as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Holy smoke it look painful. Good luck

henzel3
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:21 AM
My son is going to need one.
Shannon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)