Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

This is why is makes me so mad

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM
  • 22 Replies
3 moms liked this

I spank I don't like to but I do sometimes

I yell not super proud of myself but I do

I try to feed them healthy but sometimes I let them loss on the fun stuff

I let them run barefoot and naked well the naked part in our house. and just around me. 

I let my 6 month old lick my sucker and SHE LOVED it.

I nurse my babies up to a year but feed them baby food a little starting at 5-6 months. 

SOMETIMES my girls spend all day watching T.V (sometimes)

I can go 2 days with out showering because by the time I get the chance I just don't want to. 

I am a AWESOME mom I love my girls with every ounce in me I TRY really hard to be a great parent do I always rock at it do I let things go so its easier on me sometimes YEAP. and the do I always rock at it is NO. I find it so sad that there are actually women on here that think they do everything right. and even if they do why they think they have the right to be so mean and nasty to the ones that don't and admit they don't

Bash away ladies but I am I know I am a good mom because I try to be and I want to be but I am NOT above saying I am not perfect. 

by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomsRule723
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I think your post is awesome and I could have written it word for word.  And you want to know my favorite part???  You didn't go anon. 

You got to find what works for you and being perfect has never been on my list.  I think sometimes having a good times with your kids is better than trying to be perfect all the time.  you rock

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

No bashing here. We all have our less-than-ideal moments. If your kids are happy, healthy, and pretty well-adjusted, you're obviously doing right by them : )

Btw, I've been known to spank, I definitely yell too much, the tv is on way too much b/c I like it on, I let them have junk food along w/ the healthy, they are allowed to run outside barefoot (only dd likes to, though), ds1 was a formula baby, and ds2 and dd were nursed until 1 y/o and got baby food. The only reason they weren't allowed to run around naked past 2 or 3 y/o is b/c of the genders involved and the 7 yr age difference between ds1 and dd, and I can't stand myself if I go more than one day w/o a shower : )

Superlaura328
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Right on, mama! 

JBuron
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM
The only opinion that should matter is your kids. In the end when they tell you how much fun they had as kids & tell stories of the happy times they remember then u wont be concerning yourself with opinions from CafeMom lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicoal4
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I could careless what people think I do however feel bad because there are a lot of women that doubt themselves, that allow other women to make them feel badly for their parenting because they choice to do something different or have gotten bad advice or just don't know better. I am sick of seeing the post bashing other women if someone does something out of love for their child it shouldn't be bashed if its wrong for whatever reason than educate I posted this so the moms could see I have been doing this Motherhood thing for 9 years with 5 girls one with a serious rare skin condition and I nursed , which brings me to the other post I am sick of the nursing or bottle. No one has the right to say you shouldn't couldn't or don't care of your kid gets a bottle and not a boob. 

Quoting JBuron:

The only opinion that should matter is your kids. In the end when they tell you how much fun they had as kids & tell stories of the happy times they remember then u wont be concerning yourself with opinions from CafeMom lol!

auroragold
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Why invite people to "bash"?  I don't get that.

You have your convictions and that's okay. It's okay to make a post to state them too - without an invitation to start a fight..... at least in THIS group it's okay

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM

You do what works for you as a parent and as a family. That is what you need to do

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM
All that matters is at the end of the day, the kids are healthy, happy and memories were made.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

EXACTLLLLLLLLLLlly

Quoting auroragold:

Why invite people to "bash"?  I don't get that.

You have your convictions and that's okay. It's okay to make a post to state them too - without an invitation to start a fight..... at least in THIS group it's okay

sunflowers12
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I don't think being a good mom means your never going to mess up in some manner.. but nothing you said is bad per- say.. lots if people watch tv all day n eat junk so... That's nothing to feel bad about.. the fact that your a loving parent trying to find the right balance is all that matters and that's different for everyone... I wouldn't let others depict how you parent your girls:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)