Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What do you do when you are sick?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am sick as a dog. OK maybe I am being little dramatic. Today I went to work and now I am home. I am going to make sure my son is ready for bed and call it nite. I wish I can stay home to tomorrow but the bills won't let me. What do you do when you sick?

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Replies (31-34):
bleumonster
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM
It depends on how sick. If I am running a fever, vomiting, or have real diarrhea ( the kind that you just have to stay on the toilet and that doesn't seem to have anything to do with what you've eaten and drank) then I stay home and do as little as possible. My kids are old enough to fend for themselves for a few hours. For anything less, I just soldier on and try to get through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM
What ever I have too.. I go to work and come home and rest take what ever helps me keep it
together:) sorry your sick it sucks...
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Well, I used to suck it up and do everything we always do, sports, scouts whatever. Then DH informed me, during a big fight, that I dont need to bea martyr and they have time off they cantake ifI'm sick and it's all my fault that he doesnt help me out because I dont tell him I need help. (Umm should I really NEED to say it when I'm spewing from both ends and baely walking "Hey DUMBSHIT..take hte day off?"!!! )

So now, I'm telling him, I'm staying laid up and making him take care of dinner and cook and play taxi and clean or whatever !

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Quoting NoahsCoolMama:

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

My company gives us unlimited sick time so taking the time off of work is no problem.  They'd rather us stay home and get better than come into work and spread germs around.

As for the kids, during the day they go to school/daycare like normal.  In the evening, DH takes care of them.  When I'm sick I curl myself up in a ball and don't do anything until I'm better.

WOW--Where do you work? My company says they want you to stay home when you are sick, but if you have no sick time, you are disciplined or possibly fired.

I work in a corporate office as a Tax Accountant (not public accounting) and I'm salaried.  As salaried employees we get the unlimited sick time which also works for drs appointments and similar.  We get a total of 9 holidays plus our paid vacation which starts at 10 days and increases depending on how long you've been with the company.  I've been here 8 years so currently I get 15 vacation days a year.

This place is also really good about understanding family needs.  If I need to take an extra hour here or there for a school event or something like that, we just do it and don't need to dip into our vacation.  The main concern here is that you get your work done.  If that means I have to pull out my laptop for an hour in the evening because I left early for my sons school conference, then so be it.  We do what we need to do to get the work done and that's what matters.  I could never work at a place that micromanages my time spent in the office.  That's why I work salaried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN