Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you have a child that has a birthday in the summer?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son birthday is in the summer. His birthday is June 28. He will be eight years old.  I think I might keep it simple depending on my funds . Do you have a child that is born in summer. Are you going to have a big or small party what are your plans. Maybe I might be inspire to throw a theme party.

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-KJ
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM
2 moms liked this
My oldest will be 12 on July 7th. He usually has a camp out in the back yard with a fire. He usually has 2 or 3 friends over. My youngest will be 6 on July 2nd. He will have a water themed party at home. Sprinklers, slip and slide and water balloons! Last year he had 6 boys over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cav629
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I am a summer baby and always remember having pool and sleepover parties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Our Son is a Summer Baby--August 27th. He'll be 6 this year, and we're just doing a little Family party. Every few years we do a big one with Friends for both of our Kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM
My son will be 8 on July 1st. He has had parties in the park, at the beach and in a party place. This year it will be in the party place again because its easier for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

My son's birthday is July 3.  When he was younger and we were doing the whole class type party, we did it the week after school got out.  Last year we just took a friend and him to a local water park.  Two years ago he had a campout in the backyard.  I have to say that was my least favorite birthday party.  This year he'll be 14.  I'm not sure what he wants to do this year.

CANDYLC
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM
My middle son turns 8 on the 4th of July. We always do a big party for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanTiarra
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

My daughter will be 6 on July 4th. We always have her birthday a week or two early though. We are doing a party at a local swimming pool partly because I am almost 8 months pregnant and don't want to deal with the hassel and clean up and partly just because swimming is her favorite activity.

If swimming isn't your thing there are a lot of things you could do for a boy that would be pretty cheap and easy.

Go to a park with a bunch of water balloons and let the kids have a water balloon fight.

science parties are pretty easy and inexpensive. You could let them make slime, volcanoes, etc. It will keep the kids occupied and the ingridients are all pretty simple.

LumpyPrincess
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM

my oldest is July since he is almost a adult he will not get a party..he will get a $1000 an a him&his 3 closet will go to a water park

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Dd turns 8 on August 11th and no one came to her party last year. So I am throwing her a skating party the weekend before school starts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmfarm
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I have 2 kids with summer birthdays (although they are not school aged yet). One will be turning 5 on July 25th and the other will be turning 2 on August 7th. Last year we did a combined pool party at the community pool for both kids and invited family and friends. We will probably do the same this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)